I have a aspire S3 391 and i have erased both the hard drive and the ssd i have no acer recovery

in4apenny
in4apenny Member Posts: 2 New User

I have erased both the hard drive and the onboard ssd on my aspire S3 391 also i have no recovery software as I have lost it I know that I have been silly erasing both storage devices and losing the Backup.

I decided to reinstall windows 8.1 from an iso copy and then tried to add intel rapid start technology but it won't let me install it and just comes up with an error message, I think this must be to do with the ssd as it had 2 partitions on it when i erased it.

I really want to get my laptop back to how it was before i started messing about with it but as i don't have a Backup this seems impossible.

I would be obliged if someone could advise me of how I might be able to fix these problems

Answers

• sathya0403
    sathya0403 ACE Posts: 586 Pioneer
    Hi,

Sorry to hear that you have deleted the default partition, Yes you could still get back to factory defaults, you may get recovery Media from Acer. Contact Acer.
  • in4apenny
    in4apenny Member Posts: 2 New User

If I got the media from acer would that also sort out the onboard ssd

• sathya0403
    sathya0403 ACE Posts: 586 Pioneer
    Hi,

Yes reinstalling the OS back to factory defaults should also set the unit as it was out of factory. so that should solve your issue. Cheers.