How to connect an Acer running WIN 8.1 to a network running XP?

tcpchili
tcpchili Member Posts: 2 New User

I havwe a new Acer running Win 8.1 and cannot get it to hook up to my network which is runninbg Win XP. Any suggestions?

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder

It would be helpful if you elobrate the issue?

Are you trying to connect your computer to a wireless router or a windows xp computer?

If you are trying to connect to a wireless network, you may press and hold the windows key and tap the I key on your keyboard to open PC settings, click on wifi icon and chekc if your network name is displayed in avaliable network list.

If listed click on connect and it shold connect to your network

Click the Kudos kudos-thumbs-up.pngto say “Thanks” for helping! select "Accept Solution" if your issue is resovled.

• tcpchili
    tcpchili Member Posts: 2 New User
    I have a printer connected to the XP computer that I'd like to share with the Acer.
  • Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder

You may check on your windows xp computer of the priner is shared.

To shar a printer, pen Printers and Faxes. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Printers and Other Hardware, and then click Printers and Faxes.

Right-click the printer you want to share, and then click Sharing.

On the Sharing tab, click Share this printer and then type a share name for the shared printer.

If you share the printer with others using different hardware or different operating systems, click Additional Drivers. Click the Environment and operating system for the other computers, and then click OK to install the additional drivers.

To connect the network printer, by using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.

Tap or click PC and devices, and tap or click Devices.
    Tap or click Add a device. Then select the device you want from the list of devices that Windows discovers.

Click the Kudos kudos-thumbs-up.pngto say “Thanks” for helping! select "Accept Solution" if your issue is resovled.