Finding the correct driver for broadcom wifi adaptor in win 8.1

Tricky
Tricky Member Posts: 8 New User
Acer V5 573 does anybody know the correct driver for a Broadcom 802.11n wifi adaptor with win 8.1. Driver in use is 6.30.223.170 but has limited connectivity with my dlink router.

Best Answer

• Tricky
    Answer ✓
    This solution worked for me. at last!!
    solution sugested by DrKnas

DrKnas
    DrKnas
    Visitor
    Re: Windows 8.1 broadcom wireless drivers
    September
    I have an Aspire E1-571 with a Broadcom wifi with the same connectivity problem. I solved this by changing in the driver settings "20/40 Coexistance" and "VMM" to disable all other settings to auto or default. Thank you ACER support for no help.
    Message 8 of 9 (936 Views)
    0 Kudos

Answers

• bigbear639
    bigbear639 Member Posts: 33 New User

Acer Home, Select Support, Select driver downloads, Enter the information about your computer, for instance, Notebook, Acer Aspire, 8943G, all available downloads will be shown. Download the latest driver for broadcom and then if you like any other drivers. Should fix your problem.

• Tricky
    Yes done that and the correct driver is installed for win 8.1, also installed win 8 same result.
    I wonder if I have a faulty Adapter, however it works on some wifi connections but not on my main Dlink wifi at home. Could there be a problem with the dlink authorising my adaptor?
  • bigbear639

You may have to reset the Dlink Adaptor. Have you tried using repair functions Network and sharing Center? Also a lot of problems can be resolved with MSFixit Center tool.  http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall

• bigbear639

You can also call D-link for help. They have an option to call you so you don't waste any time on hold.

• Tricky
    Answer ✓
    This solution worked for me. at last!!
    solution sugested by DrKnas

DrKnas
    DrKnas
    Visitor
    Re: Windows 8.1 broadcom wireless drivers
    September
    I have an Aspire E1-571 with a Broadcom wifi with the same connectivity problem. I solved this by changing in the driver settings "20/40 Coexistance" and "VMM" to disable all other settings to auto or default. Thank you ACER support for no help.
    Message 8 of 9 (936 Views)
    0 Kudos