Aspire XC-605 Creating USB recovery drive before doing factory reset

Roger78
Roger78 Member Posts: 6 New User

I need to reset my Aspire to factory default settings and am trying to create a USB drive for a recovery method. However, this is not working and when I click the relevant help section on the Acer website I am told to go to the drivers and manuals section of the Acer website, enter my serial number then click on the patch tab to download a file called. 'Fix windows8 recovery issue by USB flash Driver'.

The file does not appear under under the patch tab and therefore I am left in the same situation. I need to get this factory reset done before Acer refuses to honour my warranty which they have agreed to do up until now as a goodwill gesture.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

have you tried to press ALT+F10 keys at boot?

this will start the Acer erecovery process and re-install everything to factory defaults.

if this doesn't work, please check on BIOS (press Del at boot) if D2D support is enabled.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Roger78
    Roger78 Member Posts: 6 New User

Yes, I am going to do that, but I was trying to create a recovery drive in case there are any problems with Windows after the factory reset. I am just being careful.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

try the windows default method to create USB recovery:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/create-usb-recovery-drive

it would be the same as using the Acer erecovery.

I'm not an Acer employee.