windows media player windows 7 playback problems

Options
truckermikemct
truckermikemct Member Posts: 10 New User

I have been having this issue with windows media player on both my Windows 7 laptops.

When playing music files, there is a short "skip" near the end of every song. Also, crossfading has never worked properly. When crossfading is enabled, the transition between the first and second song is fine. After that,crossfading rarely works and there seems to be more "dead Space" between songs.

This issue occurs with all versions of Windows Media Player used with Windows 7. I never had this problem with Windows Vista or Windows 8. I am surprised that Microsoft hasn't had a remedy. 

Thank you

Answers

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder
    Options

Hi Truckermikemct

I have the same problem, but only when I play an entire album. If I play songs individually the problem isn't there, so I can only presume it's a bug in WMP for Windows 7. I too, never experienced it in previous Windows.

Have you tried playing an album in Windows Media Center instead? (Not tried it myself....)

Failing that, download something like Media Player Classic or VLC player to see if it solves the problem.

• truckermikemct
    truckermikemct Member Posts: 10 New User
    Options

I prefer WMP. I have not tried to play my music in DVX or Real Player yet. My next choice would be DVX but must I purchase the Pro Version to have crossfading? Thanks for your reply.