aspire One D255E will not boot up even after factory restore discs used

Options
Blair68
Blair68 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I have an Aspire One D255E that I shut down as it was booting up.  Since then it will not boot up no matter what I try.  Tried hard restore from A F10 and ordered factory restore disks to no avail.  After the restore sessions are completed, it starts to boot but hangs on the screen with the black screen that has the progress bar.  Let it run like that for 10 hrs to no avail.  It has never been dropped or subjected to rough handling.  Any Ideas?  Could it be hard drive, mother board or maybe windows 7 problem?  Any advice will be greatly appreciated. 

Answers

• doughjohn
    doughjohn Member Posts: 353 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

Hi

Just check in the bios to see that you have a hard disk installed, IE; listed and note its details.

make sure, if you can choose where the install happens, IE; to the HDD and not ram, usb or recovery area that are too small to cope or cant be written to.

If you have a Key/Serial number for the windows 7 OS you can download a new version here...

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows7

Before you begin

Make sure you have:

Your Windows product key (xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx). Learn more.

An internet connection (internet service provider fees may apply).

Sufficient data storage available on a computer, USB or external drive for the download.

A blank USB or DVD (and DVD burner) with at least 4 GB of space if you want to create media. We recommend using a blank USB or blank DVD, because any content on it will be deleted.

Try an alternative method like above, it will try and install and if successful won't necessarily have the appropriate drivers to start with.

There are other options available, post in the correct hardware section for your machine and maybe lots of really sensible advice will flow.  I am very limited in my options for you.

• Blair68
    Blair68 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thank you for  your reply to my problem.  This whole fiasco started when I mistakedly shut the acer off while it was in the process of booting up.  After running a restore using factory supplied repair discs purchased from Acer, the this will install completely but hangs forever on "setup is preparing your computer for first use".  Can't get past that task.

• doughjohn
    doughjohn Member Posts: 353 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

Hi

I would try the method of a Windows 7 media, disc or USB, made by yourself that I described.

Download and make your own.

I feel that the Acer method will put you in a downward spiral, and a fresh clean install yourself will be preferable.

Can you try the Microsoft method please.

Then we go to other options.