Windows Update error 8008005x is a W7 desktop

Hi to all,

I cannot find solution to this problem without having to reset the device to factory default.Error 80080005.jpg

Attempted Solutions:

-First, I went to Troubleshooting in Control Panel via Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Troubleshooting. I select the option Fix problems with Windows Update under System and Security, which then prompts a windows that attempts to look for a Windows update. However, it does nothing.

- I found this "FixIt" that several MS Employees linked to within their generic responses to users experiencing their own update issues. It did nothing.

-I found a convoluted solution that involved disabling services such as "BITS" and Windows Update, re verifying DLLs via command prompt, re starting those services, restarting your computer, and repeating. - It did nothing.

- I tried Windows Diagnostic tool - It says cannot repair the error.

- I tried to restore to a previous point It did nothing.

Anyone with the same problem or any other solution?

Thanks in advance

☑ No trabajo para Acer, soy voluntario.
☑ Para cerrar el tema, marque " aceptar como solución" la respuesta correcta que le fue de utilidad.
☑ Lo siento pero no se responde a preguntas de manera privada, debe abrir un nuevo tema en el lugar indicado del foro para que pueda recibir ayuda.

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2015-2019 ★★

Answers

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder

Coqui,

Whenever I see a Windows update problem on a Windows 7 or older computer with a legacy BIOS, the first thing I think of is rootkit (MBR infection).  I don't know if you have UEFI or legacy but I guess you could try to fix MBR.  (Backup your important personal files first Smiley Wink )

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/17521-how-fix-mbr-through-command-prompt.html

And then scan computer for viruses.

Ultimately, I would get my important files off of there and wipe drive with diskpart clean and then do clean install because you may not get all of the viruses with virus scan.

Edit: Resetting the computer to factory defaults won't get rid of MBR infection (if you have a MBR infection...and I don't know that you do).

I'm not an Acer employee.