Need help with reinstalling windows 7 on aspire 7736z

Lafonda2628
Lafonda2628 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello. I haven't used my laptop in quite a while thanks to smart phones but I needed to use my iTunes the other day and long story short had to completely reboot my laptop to factory settings. Before hand it had windows 7 Home Prem according to the sticker on the back of my laptop. Using erecovey it booted Vista.  Now nothing really works because Vista is outdated. I know I had windows 7 and I was even getting the pop up for the windows 10 update. Any help would be great. Not snide comments on what "I think" was there like some other forum I asked on. 

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer

At some point you upgraded the Vista OS to Windows 7 and depending on the timing that was either free (only availab;e for a few months when buying a new Vista the W7 upgrade was free) or you had to pay for it. Either way you got a new key with the W7 upgrade. You need to use that same key again to upgrade from Vista to 7 again, or else you'll need to buy another.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.