Need help restoring W7 64 bit Home Premium to my Gateway desktop

Options
growlybear
growlybear Member Posts: 9 New User

I lost my system due to a hal.dll message last wed 7/5. After trying for several days I finally realized my 2nd HD was screwing up my boot sequence I was trying to boot from an old WindowsXP file on the 2nd HD. Disconnected the HD and tried doing a clean install using a neighbors install disk that he had gotten from the Geek Squad for his Gateway laptop.

It looked like everything was working well until disc 3 trying to install Dritek Load Manager. The computer light was blinking but the green progress bar woild not advance. After about an hour I terminated the job.

I couldn't go past this file. The system will now boot into Safe Mode but I don't know what else to do any suggestions?

I looked at purchasing a W7 install disc. I can't believe how much they're trying to get for this program when W10 is ready to come out for sale.

Help Help

GrowlybearWoman Sad

Best Answer

• growlybear
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you so much ironfly. The link you sent me gave me the answer I needed to get Windows started again.

Now all I have to do is restore all of my applications.

growlybear

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

try to install again, once stuck on Drytek software, try to press:

CTRL+ALT+DEL

or

CTRL+Shift+Esc

or

ALT+Tab

probably there's a prompt to answer in the background.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • growlybear
    Options

I appreciate your answer ironfly.

I started the reinstall again and it stopped at the same place. I tried Ctrl-Alt-Del and it brought up the task manager, but it wouldn't stay open long enough to read, it didn't appear to be waiting for a prompt. How can I bypass this step? I also have an Acer that has Dritek installed on it. Can I copy the filesfrom my laptop? If so where do I copy them to.

I can boot into Safe Mode, is there anything I can do in Safe Mode?

I can't believe so many people are having this problem and Acer hasn't come ouut with a solution.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

growlybear

• growlybear
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you so much ironfly. The link you sent me gave me the answer I needed to get Windows started again.

Now all I have to do is restore all of my applications.

growlybear

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

You welcome. Smiley Happy

I'm not an Acer employee.