Cannot connect to network or internet!

Options
cowgirl7
cowgirl7 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hubby's Aspire laptop recently got infected with a bogus version of Windows. I believe this machine had XP on it originally and I later installed Windows 7 and it worked fine for years. I could not get rid of it so I reinstalled Windows 7 Student 64 bit. Now the fake windows is gone, but it will not connect to the internet. I downloaded all drivers onto a memory stick on my own computer and installed them on the Acer. Now all Devices appear to work, but it still cannot connect to internet with a 651 connection error. I tied all the fixes found on line. I also tried looking for updated drivers in the old windows files. One could not be installed. When I check the Local Area Connection Status, there is no network access and it won't let me set up or join any network. What am I missing?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

Fire up Device Manager and see if the network connectors are complaining. You might have to update from the stock Windows drivers that Microsoft provides to ones built specifically to match your hardware.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.