Can 6930G Laptop upgrade to SSD and windows7

oldgadgee
oldgadgee Member Posts: 3 New User

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,621 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

The 6930G uses a SATA drive, so there should be no problem with upgrading it to a SSD. Depending on how much memory yours has, you might want to upgrade before installing Windows 7.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Answer ✓

The 6930G uses a SATA drive, so there should be no problem with upgrading it to a SSD. Depending on how much memory yours has, you might want to upgrade before installing Windows 7.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • oldgadgee

Thanks for your advice have ordered ssd will probably upgrade to Windows 10 

• billsey

Check to make sure that there are graphics drivers and drivers for the touchpad before doing an upgrade from Windows 7 to 10, your machine is old enough that it might be problematic, especially for the video.

• oldgadgee

Thanks for that, yes Windows 10 up and running even accepts Microsoft Money 2004  no problem.

6930 G (purchsed 2009)appears a real well built machine.