Aspire v5-431 Windows 7 Pro drivers

Options
pcwiz7
pcwiz7 Member Posts: 7 New User

I have a used Aspire V5-431-4648 laptop, installed the HDD from the Aspire 775G into the V5, I need an installation CD for the motherboard drivers.

Windows 7 Professional x64 is on the HDD.

Any ideas? Suggestions? Reinstalling Win 7 is something I want to do only as a last resort.

Thank you in advance for your help.

pcwiz7...

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

the quickest and straight solution...backup what you need and do a clean install.

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly
    Options

http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/4278;-;Aspire%20V5-431

select windows 7 as OS and download what you need.

• pcwiz7
    Options
    Well that's ASSUMING I Win 7 is running
    Which it is NOT. I have all the drives from that page, but the bloody thing still won't load Win 7 Pro.
    So I have the same problem as before... BTW: I am a MCITP-E Enterprise System Administrator.

Just trying everything I can think of to get this thing to boot into Safe Mode.

Thanks all...
  • IronFly
    Options

BIOS version?

by the way, your first post wasn't so clear about your issue, since you wrote "windows 7 is on HDD"...

so, how do you put windows 7 on HDD?

HDD cloning, clean installation, HDD swap, partition cloning...

we need more information to try to help you.

• pcwiz7
    Options
    Thank you for your quick reply. The HDD is from my dead ASPIRE 7750G. That I spoke about in the 1st post.

BIOS VERSION:1.20, didn't want to flash BIOS, I am dealing with enough issues. The battery for the CMOS settings seems to be dead, the date/time won't hold, and engineering in their infinite wisdom, put it on the BOTTOM of the MoBo.

Again, that is not a show stopper, since I can leave the unit plugged in & on to retain it.

When I run the Windows repair, it states that it cannot repair the OS, to contact the System Administrator...ha, ha...me.

I need the hardware drivers for the V5-431-4648 on a cd, so when I boot to command line I can then manually install them.

If I could get the laptop into Safe mode, then the drivers I downloaded from the Aspire V5-431-4648 page could then be installed.

As it stands right now, I only see 2 possibilities 1. Open the machine, remove the HDD, hook it to a working machine and do a copy of data/programs them format the HDD, then use my Win 7 Pro x64 Install DVD to lay down a clean Win 7 Pro baseline.

2. Continue searching for a solution that will allow me to fix it without killing the HDD.

Sorry I didn't explain the situation fully before, I was hoping for a quick and stable solution.

Thanks to everyone who reads this, I appreciate your time.
  • IronFly
    Answer ✓
    Options

the quickest and straight solution...backup what you need and do a clean install.

• pcwiz7
    Options
    Ok, thanks for your help.
  • IronFly
    Options

You welcome.

• pcwiz7
    Options

Ok,

I got the VGA drivers from the web site, Intel Win 7 x64.

After I install & reboot, windows crashes, and I do a system restore to get back to the default vga settings and then I can login again.

I have solved all other issues but this one and the customer is chomping at the bit...

What now? 

I selected ALL drivers to get the past and present drivers, downloaded them, including the NVDIA but it's an Intel graphics hardware.

Thank you for everyone's help!

Smiley Very Happy

• IronFly
    Options

check if you can get the latest Intel driver using Intel driver update utility:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html

• pcwiz7
    Options

Ok, I still have zero video drivers for this thing!

Using GPU-Z it says that the GPU is a SandyBridge HDG 2000 GT1 sw rev: 256...

Using that info I found ZERO Windoze 7 x64 video drivers for this thing...about to take it to the desert for a target...

Anyone have ANY suggestions?

Is this even the right MoBo for this model of acer?

• IronFly
    Options

what's the hardwareID of the graphic adapter under Device manager?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

Uh, the Acer support site shows three different drivers for VGA on the Aspire V5-431 models running Windows 7 64bit; Intel, NVIDIA and NVIDIA PhysX. Do none of them work for you?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.