Acer Community is in read-only mode until further notice due to maintenance.

Let's Get Social!

Ask our members for help or assist others.
You are all welcome at Acer Community!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AO722 Camera Driver and Webcam shows upside down Issue

New User

I have AO722-C5Cbb, everything's fine until a few malfunction programs that forced me to reinstall OS and drivers by the help of the shop where I purchased this notebook. I knew nothing about technology at the time, but recently I figured out that my webcam shows upside down, no matter what program I used for webcam. Registry & startup cleanup is useless. They told me that it may something to do with camera driver. Figured that PC has camera driver, the vendor is LiteOn. But neither Acer Support nor other resources have the cam driver for my PC. What should i do?

Tags (3)
3 REPLIES
Highlighted
Seasoned Practitioner

Re: AO722 Camera Driver and Webcam shows upside down Issue

Hi

Cleanup?  CCleaner from Piriform.

Camera upside down, rotate thru 180 degrees, unless it's a laptop camera.

Search - how-to-rotate-the-screen-in-windows

BIOS

Adds some 1.3M camera modules support for INV test. 

Consider whether you hve the latest BIOS or not, and other driver software.

If you are able to ID the camera using msinfo32 or Device Manager then someone may be able to help.  Device USB\VID_05C8&PID_022A&MI_00\7&f5078b0&0&0000 requires further installation.

New User

My bad, I meant boot cleanup. Well, for almost 1 month I tried to collect all information needed for my AO722, especially how exactly to install BIOS safely and properly, but those information aren't suitable for AO722. I love new experiences, I try to learn while working on it, but I obviously don't want my AO722 ruined because of my reckless move. Yes, it's built-in webcam, and I checked my camera driver (latest version):

ScreenShot_20170922014536.png

I also figured out my current BIOS version, it's the oldest version I guess.

ScreenShot_20170922014407.png

And I had this file:

ScreenShot_20170922015950.png

You mentioned something about "Device USB\VID_05C8&PID_022A&MI_00\7&f5078b0&0&0000 requires further installation" earlier, you meant this addressed to Device Manager, cmd.exe, or msinfo32?

Any advice/suggestion?

Thank you. 

Troubleshooter

As for the bios, the .zip file with the BIOS should have a readme file in it. Other than that, install the bios with 100% battery and charger plugged in.

Announcements
Maintenance Notice:

The Acer Community will be going under Maintenance shortly. Click here to read more.

New Here?

New to Acer Community?

Register to get all the benefits of being a member! Get social and introduce yourself in our Welcome Forum, or learn about our ACE Program and What's Happening at Acer.

Assistance by Acer
Member Highlight

We would like to welcome Acer-Manny to the Acer Team! Acer-Manny will be in charge of moderation for the Spanish Community, but you may also see him from time to time in the English and Portuguese communities.

Acer-Manny
Acer Crew

Acer Crew