any help ? 

Acer VN7 Nitro 

GTX 960m , i7-6700HQ, Intel HD 530

Best Answer

• kenz101
    kenz101 Member Posts: 42 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

img1.jpg

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.      :) 

Answers

• kenz101

Take a look at your display driver in device manager and check the version is correct to what you should have in windows 10. Check through acer support for this and also if it is correct make sure the chipset drivers are to as i have had a similar problem lie this due to chipset drivers being incorrect. Hope this helps let me know

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.      :) 
  • padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

With an Intel 530HD you should have an Intel video driver and not one from Microsoft (Have seen Windows 10 install the M$ driver before)

• Shioriu
    Shioriu Member Posts: 18 New User

tried and no works Smiley Sad when i updated chipset with DRIVER BOOSTER 

• Shioriu

Intel Driver : Intel Corporation  Version : 20.19.15.4364

• padgett

Are you plugged in to ther mains (wall) plug when this happens ?

When it happens does the power ikon in the tray change ?

Sounds like the laptop switched from mains to battery power. Is your display brightness setting different for battery vs mains ?

• Shioriu

i m always pluged in when play games so it happening when i m PLUGED in and i see Charging ICON, never tried on Battery cause run game on batery is totaly stiupid =\ 

also tryed Clear install with only Drivers from my ACER product website = FAIL .. still no works 

• kenz101

Can you please provide the full model of your machine so i can look at the drivers you should have etc. In the mean time look in power settings and try changing to another profile and check advanced settings to make sure everything is in order how you would like it. Test and see if this helps and let me know pls

• Shioriu

VN7-592G-75AU - 

https://account.acer.com/hub/products.do?sn=NXG6HEC002*****

its from my Acer.com my product site 

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, email addresses, phone numbers, full serial numbers, etc.]

• padgett

You misunderstood. I understand you are plugged in but wondered if the computer thought it had switched to battery and dimmed the display. If so the icon in the tray would change from a plug to a battery.

• Shioriu
  • padgett

Well down to obscure things: try putting a piece of black tape over the daylight sensor.

• kenz101

I see you have the correct driver for the display can you confirm the chipset driver it should be this version: 10.1.1.13 if not this version revert back to this and restart your machine and test.

• Shioriu

my Chipset driver is from intel : 14.8.7.1051

• kenz101

Hi i advise trying to revert to this version 10.1.1.13 through acer support as this is the chipset driver your machine should be using! I understand the driver you have at present is later but this could be the culprit to your issue. please try installing version 10.1.1.13 then restart your machine and test. keep a copy of the other later version if you wish to revert back if this does not solve the issue. Let me know if this works.

• kenz101
    Answer ✓

img1.jpg

• Shioriu

Fixed after giving notebook to Acer Store they told me our SW called Acer Power Manager is .... is btetter to uninstall it and everything will be all right cause it breaks your PC , and they had true , payd 10 € for it but finally fixed ...