it can happen.

if you want you can download windows 10 and do the upgrade by yourself:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,862 Trailblazer
    Options

Make sure all updates have been done, including optionals.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • teazle
    teazle Member Posts: 8 New User
    Options

Can you list any specific reasons for not receiving the update notification yet?

My Switch 10 has all Windows Updates applied daily and all updates from the Acer Care Center app, except the Chipset driver update, which hasn't worked since I became aware of it several weeks ago.

I know I can try the manual upgrade, but I'd rather not add even a small additional  risk when I shouldn't have to.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,862 Trailblazer
    Options

Are you doing the updates manually or automatically? If automatic, it doesn't do optional ones, try manual.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • marg91
    marg91 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

That worked thankyou

• marg91
    marg91 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Had no problem with manual

• teazle
    teazle Member Posts: 8 New User
    Options

I get automatic updates, but also usually do a "Check for updates" from the Windows Update screen every day.  I just did a check and got "No updates are available" (two Windows Defender updates had been installed earlier today). 

If I "View update history" right now I see that 9 Optional updates were installed on 9/15.  That was the last time Optional updates were installed.  Prior to that date I see tons of successful Optional updates on various dates.

I've been trying to keep my system updated every day for the last two months because I want to get the notification for Windows 10, although I'm not having problems on Windows 8.1.

I'd really like to get an answer for the two-month delay (or longer?).  My non-Acer Windows 7 system was ready for Windows 10 on Day 1 and I upgraded it through the normal process that first week of general availability.