w510- anyone upgrading to windows 10?

Options
markjester
markjester Member Posts: 3 New User

so, i got the message in tray for windows 10 update. I recerved my copy, anyone else updating this way, or should I do it another way?

Answers

• Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hi,

I just did the same thing. Reserved the Win10 upgrade for W510.

Microsoft informs us that they have already checked if our computer is compatible with the upgrade to Windows 10,

but will the upgrade be supported by Acer?

Acer says they will announce on the launch-date (29jul) which tablets they will support, for this update/upgrade.

It would have been easier if Acer told us right now if our tablet will be compatible with Windows 10. Is the W510 compatible with the Windows 10 upgrade by July 10.?

I think it is wise to wait until the Acer announcement has been made, and await some results from other users , before giving the GO for this upgrade...

Greetings, 

• markjester
    markjester Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Well, i have now updated to win 10 build  Build 10240 home version.

upgraded within 8.1 and everything seems to have gone ok.  One thing I had to do: manually update graphic driver from device manager to the one in the Others_Acer_3.02_W81x86_A  package.

(Others_Acer_3.02_W81x86_A.zip\Driver_Acer_3.02_W8x86\MI\Drivers\Graphics)

without it the backlight stayed on when the tablet went to sleep.

Im still testing to find if something is not working, but so far not found anything.

• MrSWE
    MrSWE Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hi, i´m running Windows 10 on my W510. Right now i´m on build 10162 and don´t get the update to 10240. Don´t know why :-/.
    I think the tablet is runnig ok. Its not the fastest tablet but it is usable... almost Smiley Happy

• Matt8373
    Matt8373 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hi I'm new (that's my excuse) but where can I find these drivers as I need to do the same. I have looked all over and tried loads of different products to see if they were attached to them. 

• mbakirov
    mbakirov Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

well this link is general windows 8.1 drivers (which have some unresolved issues).

Has anyone checked they are workign under windows 10?

• edcolen
    edcolen Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hey, man

I just got my W510 and I'm thinking about upgrading it to win 0 (same build as yours).

Did you happen do have any issues?

Can you share a bit more of your impressions on it?

Thanks in advance!