utility to create complete emmc disk image booting from bios?

Options
lanosalf
lanosalf Member Posts: 5 New User

Hi:

Does anybody know any such utility?

I mean a DOS or other based utility, that on boot from bios create a complete image of the internal emmc of the tablet and save it in an USB device. Of course, one that later would be able to restore it completely whenever i want.

I own an ACER W510 tablet

thanks

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,839 Trailblazer
    Options

I believe many of the disk clone packages will do just that. It shouldn't matter if you are on an eMMC, SSD or HD, the clone process is the same. Make sure they have a boot from USB option so you can restore without having to purchase an externally powered DVD drive... You will likely want a USB hub so you can use a keyboard & mouse during recovery.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • lanosalf
    Options

thanks

any recommendations?

I don´t know a good one and updated to be able to boot from uefi, also it has to have the drivers to be able to use an extra hdd to store the backup also

• sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

Hi,

http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.aspx

This tool is free is able to boot from UEFI.

You can also create the image from windows directly, (no problem that the system is booted up) and you can create the USB rescue media which can be used to create image or to restore an already backed up image in case of some problems. It also can access network resources if you need in the rescue mode.

• lanosalf
    Options

thanks for the macrium program. I'll give it a try.

Cause there a lot of image /cloning disk utilities, like acronis, that are not able to boot in uefi x32 bits devices like the Z2760.