using acer aspire p3 171 went to windows 10 went and got the latest drivers vga failure

ewhalley
ewhalley Member Posts: 3 New User

message does not meet minimum requiements . for other  drivers it was platform not supported . Drivers obviously untested before putting them up for download

Answers

• Concestor0
    Concestor0 Member Posts: 2 New User

Same problem with my P3-171, the only VGA driver that works with mine is for Win 8.0. If I get an upgraded version to work I'll post.

• FrostByte
    FrostByte Member Posts: 2 New User

Concestor0 wrote:

Same problem with my P3-171, the only VGA driver that works with mine is for Win 8.0. If I get an upgraded version to work I'll post.

How was the driver for Windows 8? I just updated my P3-171 to 8.1 and the driver on their page didn't let me change my brightness and couldn't play videos or games. Installing the driver from Windows 8 fixed the brightness but running videos and games was still an issue.

I looked around and changed some settings in advanced power options, like TDP level at 13W and disabling Low Power Mode Setting on both battery and plugged in. It plays videos now but games still don't work. I'm considering going back to 8 even though 10 is half-way done downloading.

• Concestor0
    Concestor0 Member Posts: 2 New User

Good news, the VGA driver finally updated, all I had to do was crash the system ;-) .

As I was playing around trying to update through Device Manager Windows found two drivers it thought were compatible and I went with the 8.1 driver - that crashed my system. So after several attempted reboots it went automatically to System Restore. After restoring I went to Windows Update and several new drivers including the VGA driver auto updated with version 10.18.10.4252. The version number for same driver here is 10.18.10.4252.

Hope this helps.

• ashvini
    ashvini Member Posts: 2 New User

i tried the driver downloaded from intel side  for hd4000  but that also did not work

• ashvini
    ashvini Member Posts: 2 New User

if any body get the proper vga driver for acer p3-171 to work in upgradaed windows 10  home 64 bit  let me know 

laptop working very very slow because  of wrong vga driver

• YoYo1
    YoYo1 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello, this is my first post so hopefully I'm doing this the right way. But anyways, what has prompted me to write this is I have been dealing with p3-171 issues ever since I updated to Windows 8.1, which rendered the tablet useless. So in order to update to Windows 10 here are the steps I took and now the tablet works great!

- Revert tablet back to Windows 8 (clean install) using recovery discs that came with the tablet.

- Start downloading Windows 8.1 in Windows Store (took a couple of tries. Initially Windows didn't want to do it). As windows 8.1 is downloading uninstall intel 4000 graphics drivers in Device Manager. When warning box comes up click the check box and ok. Don't restart the tablet. The graphics drivers should be uninstalled at this point.

- Windows 8.1 update will start. The update may hang at 90% completion for a long time. Just wait and it will work thru it.

- Once 8.1 is installed, the tablet will work really slow. You will have no brightness control and bluetooth drivers will have been deleted so you will have to use the screen keyboard.

- download and install all windows updates. It will take a while because the tablet will be super slow.

- Go to Acer website (most likely Chrome won't work so use windows internet explorer). Update the windows 8.1 cradle driver first, restart. This will get brightness control back.

- Next download and install Windows 8.1 bios update.

- Next download and install Windows 8.1 bluetooth drivers. The installation will hang at end, just wait and it will work thru. Keyboard may start working right away or you may have to restart.

- Next download and install Windows 8.1 dptf driver. After installation look at the Config TDP Level in Advanced power options (open Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Settings and make sure it is set to 13W @ 1.5 GHz, that is, max)

- Next download and install Windows 8.1 Intel Management Engine Driver.

- This next step is just a point of interest: After you're done the above process, notice in Device Manager that the Display driver (10.18.10.3958, 2014-09-30) is not the same as the "newest" driver as shown on the Acer site (VGA 10.18.10.3304 and date of 2013/10/11). Somehow the above process gives you a 1 year newer version of the display adapter than that given on the acer update site. Very interesting ...

- After this I installed Skype and the tablet started to work slow and bluetooth devices weren't recognized. So I uninstalled Skype and it started working well again.

- After that I updated to Windows 10 and there were no problems during or after the installation.

Hope this helps. Signing off on a working P3-171,

YoYo1

• cris07
    cris07 Member Posts: 1 New User

my bluetooth operated keyboard is not funtioning to windows 10.  please help.

• madgoblin92
    madgoblin92 Member Posts: 1 New User

U need to pair the keyboard. I thought the same as well. But I was stupid. press the 'on' button for longer than 15 sec and it will be ready to pair. then go to the bluetooth setting to pair.