how do I remove some of the icons on Windows 10 to make room for other program icons?

Options
bucksmom
bucksmom Member Posts: 5 New User

I am using an Aspire E5-571P-568M.  It came with Windows 8, I immediately updated to Windows 10.

I have the new Google Internet service which is only in a few cities.  So, I use Chrome and gmail.  I would like to add

these to the home screen icons/boxes so I don't have to search for them each time.

How do I do this?  I'll be adding many programs that I'll be wanting to do the same thing to. Microsoft's opinion of my priorities is not the same as mine!  

How do I customize my Home page?

many thanks in advance for your help!

PS. please make it simple....I'm a senior who is new to this!

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

if you mean the menu that appears pressing/clicking on windows logo...

click on all apps (the last icon on the bottom left), a list of all installed application will appear, once you find chrome and gmail icon, simply drag it to the right.

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

if you mean the menu that appears pressing/clicking on windows logo...

click on all apps (the last icon on the bottom left), a list of all installed application will appear, once you find chrome and gmail icon, simply drag it to the right.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,921 Trailblazer
    Options

You can also right click on the app and 'pin to start' or 'pin to taskbar'. To move the icons around in the right side of the start menu, just right click and drag. You can also name the groups as you rearrange the start menu to your liking.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.