error 0xc000007b not game related

Options
CS_
CS_ Member Posts: 3 New User

My laptop was working fine, I was only browsing the web when it then reset itself and when I turned it back on it would show the Acer screen then show:

20160307_183301.jpg

And then once I click restart it shows:

Untitled.png

the error that comes up is mainly for game-related cases but i have no games on my laptop only all my personal documents that i would really like off. 

Any help with how I get my documents and pictures off is appreciated.

Note: I have reset it from this screen and I've went into advanced options and done all the reboots it says to do. Using the prompt commands only leaves my laptop in an endless cycle of Acer screen then black screen

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

have you tried to power it on again?

normally after collecting the error dump, you just need to reboot it.

you can also try to run a startup repair from recovery.

boot pressing ALT+F10, once in the recovery, Troubleshoot - advanced options - startup repair

or try to enter on safe mode, so you can recover your files

Troubleshoot - advanced options - startup settings, click on restart and once rebooted press 4 

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • CS_
    Options

These don't work as the prompt keys just leave the laptop going from Acer screen until blank screen until I take the battery out. I've rebooted it multiple times and it can't find the problem. 

• IronFly
    Options

that's strange.

are you able to enter BIOS pressing F2 at boot and check if D2D support is enabled.

Follow this KB to repair your pc:

http://community.acer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Windows-10-Installation-Recovery-Media-Creation-and-Use/ta-p/394236

• CS_
    Options

I can't enter BIOS as pressing F2 makes the Acer screen flash into a black screen until the battery is removed. The only thing I can do is wait for the blue screen that shows the advanced contorls and work from that screen but safe mode isnt in this screen

• IronFly
    Options

if you are under warranty, call Acer support service.