aspire p3-171, intel graphics HD 4000 can not be installed,

Options
caper22
caper22 Member Posts: 3 New User

after upgrading to Windows 10, Windows has disabled it and gives code 43.

any idea how to fix it.

windows does have updated driver for it but can't install it.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,979 Trailblazer
    Options

On the last machine I upgraded with an HD 4000 I downloaded the latest driver from Intel, extracted it to a folder on the drive, uninstalled the broken driver from Device Manager, installed the new driver through it's installer and rebooted. It found the new driver and worked.

On other non-compatible cards I've had luck 'updating' the driver for the Basic Graphics Adapter Windows gives us with the 8.1/7/Vista latest driver that matches.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • caper22
    Options

I tried everything I could think of, from uninstalling an reinstalling it to bios update and registery update.

at the end I had to reset my machine and reinstall OS to get it to work.

• beatpete
    beatpete Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I've tried everything too, I can't get the driver to work.

[word filter avoidance]

• beatpete
    beatpete Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

OK, I got it to work by unistalling all drivers (I think I had installed 2), then installing this "cradle driver"

http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Driver/Others/Others_Acer_13.20.1028.4095_W81x64_A.zip?acerid=635211422421247314&Step1=ULTRA-THIN&Step2=ASPIRE&Step3=ASPIRE%20P3-171&OS=81P1&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=AAP_1

and then installing the latest windows 10 video driver from the Acer site.

Hope this helps...

• caper22
    Options

thanks for your help,

I got it to work finally by resetting my  computer .

setting, recovery and upgrade, recovery, reset this PC.

I had my files backed up before , had to reinstall some of my apps, other wise everything work the way it should FINALLY !! and I have my little machine back again.