acer aspire one, windows 7 Starter, win 10 compatibility says enterprise edition

Options
delta2ul
delta2ul Member Posts: 1 New User

I have a aspire one with Windows 7 Starter.  All updates have been applied.  Windows 10 Compatibility Check says this is an Enterprise Edition and not eligible for upgrade.

Short of buying a new Win 7 is there any way to upgrade to Win 10?

What's the deal with the Enterprise Edition and not OEM?

Answers

• becca128
    becca128 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Same problem here.  I DID have the Windows 10 icon in my system tray for a few days last week, and did my reservation but the icon disappeared.  If i go to Windows Update it does show that they have my reservation.  I used the tool to devine where my icon and it so kindly informed me I'm no longer eligible.  Enterprise my *****....  Hopefully this is just a glich and will sort itself out in time.

• foxxinabox
    foxxinabox Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I, too, am having the same issue. I'm running an older AO532h-2588, which the Win 10 upgrade says should work except Win 7 Starter is showing as Enterprise. I have downloaded the ISO but am leery about installing it as everything I've read is that your system must be previously activated through MS servers since they track your installation by your hardware configuration since it is a free upgrade. I suppose I could run the Win 10 test edition, since Starter runs like a dog, but would rather have the legitimate upgrade.

• becca128
    becca128 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    SOLVED.
    1) my windows 10 icon MAGICALLY came back. I'm convinced this is because I reinstalled the Skype update that I didn't want
    2) check windows update, do you have daily failed updates? I did.
    3)follow the link to discern the meaning of the error code. Mine said something to the effect of this being a NORMAL error caused by the computer being ready for the update but the didn't not being ready to send.
    4)in my case I was able to follow the directions on that page to add a registry key which immediately triggered the update.

Updated to Windows 10 for a week now, running better than win7!
    Good luck!
  • johnbeclar
    johnbeclar Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Can I upgrade my Acer Note Book Laptop currently operation in 32-bit system- Windows 7 Starter- Atom(TM) CPU N475 @ 1.83GHz-Memory 2.0GB to what Windows?