acer 5750g broadcom wifi-lan driver for windows 10

stevalini
stevalini Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi, I've tried upgrading to Windows 10 Home from Windows 7 Home but once Win10 is running I have no possibility to access the internet. Both LAN and wi-fi are Broadcom on my laptop and there is no Broadcom driver available for Windows 10. I had to go back to Win7. I checked the Acer website but Broadcom drivers for 5750G for Windows 10 are not availablke (i.e. not in the list of downloadable drivers). What can I do? Will these drivers be available soon?

Please let me know what to do.

Thanks in advance.

Answers

• BvR
    BvR Member Posts: 4 New User

Have a simular problem with TM 5730 and 7730. Broadcon Netxtreme network connection, Intel 5100 Wifi and Jmicron memorycard fail, all connected to the PCI bus. Looks like an old problem with the intel chipset driver reappearing. (In windows 7 this updated driver had to be installed to connect the memorycard reader to the system). Tried the windows 7 driver, but it refuses to install. In my opinion, it is Acers obligation to its customers to have intel provide an updated driver which solves the problem with the intel 4 series express chipset, which is installed in many Travelmate, Aspire and Extensa machines. Please note that broadcom has an updated driver for the Netxtreme connection, but due to the intel flaw with the intel 4 series express chipset, the driver does not work.

Acers position "Intel does not support this driver anymore and we will not come with a solution" is in myn opinion unacceptable. In practice it comes to this: You payed your mony, now you have a problem, you are on your own.

I am also looking at drivers published by other manufacturers to see if they have a fix for this problem. They might have a usergroups with more leverage.

Will keep you guys informed.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer

Right click on the Windows 7 installer and choose Troublehsoot Compatibility. That should allow it to install...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • stevalini
    stevalini Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks billsey. Is your answer for my 5750G laptop issue or for the Travelmate? If it's for 5750G, can you please detail a bit more what your suggestion is (Windows 7 installer!?)? Where can I find this?

Thanks in advance for your help

• MartinWK
    MartinWK Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi everybody!

I am in deep. I succesfully upgraded from 8.1 to 10 last week. It worked perfectly until WIN10 itself updated something.

After that it seems like WIFI have never existed on my tab/computer. It seems like alot of people have similar problems after upgrading.

I have tried the advise given on Microsoft´s own homepage, but it doesn´t help. I have searched the internet for a solution, but nothing has worked.

The problem is, that i´m leaving internet as we know, and I wil have a very slow connection for the next for months. Therefore, I need to have this problem fixed within two days.

What to do?

[word filter avoidance]

• billsey

stevalini wrote:

Thanks billsey. Is your answer for my 5750G laptop issue or for the Travelmate? If it's for 5750G, can you please detail a bit more what your suggestion is (Windows 7 installer!?)? Where can I find this?

Thanks in advance for your help

My suggestion was in answer to your post. The installer I referred to was the Wnidows 7 driver for the Broadcom networking devices. In Windows 10 you can usually install drivers from an older OS by right clicking on the installer (often setup.exe) and choosing troubleshoot compatibility. The older drivers should work fine, and updates to newer drivers will be automatic once they are available.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • billsey

Martin, open Device Manager and check under the network devices. Are the two interfaces shown at all? Does Device Manager suggest they have problems? If so, what error message does it show? If they both are there and no problems are shown, what software have you installed recently? I know of issues with some older VPN clients masking the regular network interfaces, but I've only seen that happen during the W10 install and it sounds like your issues showed up later...

• Jon3
    Jon3 Member Posts: 4 New User

I have the same problem Travelmate 7730 upgraded from 7 Pro to Windows 10. All ok except no internet. Intel wifi link 5100 AGN driver. Need help fast!!!!