Z5710 with GeForce G210 - not supported . . .

CounselDXB
CounselDXB Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi @All,

I just installed Windows 10 on my Aspire Z5710 with NVIDIA GeForce G210 Graphics Adapter.
My adapter is named in the Device Manager now:

Microsoft Basic Display Adapter
Man Frustrated

Max. reachable Resolution: 1600 x 900

Support of HDMI Exit for Screen 2 - NOPE

Overall experience - let's talk about something diferent.

The NVIDIA Windows 10 Driver Package (v341.74) doesn't support - doesn't even recognize the G210 adapter!

Now I saw an entry in the GeForce Forum:
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/860467/when-will-210m-get-windows-10-driver-/?offset=5

Message, very clear and straight:

Sorry...
Your 210M is NOT compatable with Win10 and has reached EOL (End of Life) status as of 4/2014. No further driver support is available after that date. This includes the 6000,7000,8000,9000,100,200,300, and some lower-end 400 series DX9/10 GPUs (including On-board and Mobile graphics)
I guess it doesn't matter if G210 or G210M.

Questions:

A) Any ideas how to get that dinosaur graphics adapter running better under Win 10 as of now with this ***** Microsoft Basic Adapter?
Nevertheless, very innovative from ACER to launch an All-In-One PC in 2010 with at that time 5 years old graphics adapter technology . . .

B) Are there alternative graphics adapters availbale, so that I simply replace this old piece of technology?

Frankly, I would like to keep my Z5710 - running well and since I increased the RAM to 8 GB also fast enough. I am not a fan of replacing my desktop every year due to technology issues.

Many thanks

Martin

Answers

• CounselDXB

Hi @All,

I just installed Windows 10 on my Aspire Z5710 with NVIDIA GeForce G210 Graphics Adapter.
    My adapter is named in the Device Manager now:

Microsoft Basic Display Adapter
    Man Frustrated

Max. reachable Resolution: 1600 x 900

Support of HDMI Exit for Screen 2 - NOPE

Overall experience - let's talk about something diferent.

The NVIDIA Windows 10 Driver Package (v341.74) doesn't support - doesn't even recognize the G210 adapter!

Now I saw an entry in the GeForce Forum:
    https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/860467/when-will-210m-get-windows-10-driver-/?offset=5

Message, very clear and straight:

Sorry...
    Your 210M is NOT compatable with Win10 and has reached EOL (End of Life) status as of 4/2014. No further driver support is available after that date. This includes the 6000,7000,8000,9000,100,200,300, and some lower-end 400 series DX9/10 GPUs (including On-board and Mobile graphics)
    I guess it doesn't matter if G210 or G210M.

Questions:

A) Any ideas how to get that dinosaur graphics adapter running better under Win 10 as of now with this ***** Microsoft Basic Adapter?
    Nevertheless, very innovative from ACER to launch an All-In-One PC in 2010 with at that time 5 years old graphics adapter technology . . .

B) Are there alternative graphics adapters availbale, so that I simply replace this old piece of technology?

Frankly, I would like to keep my Z5710 - running well and since I increased the RAM to 8 GB also fats enough. I am not a fan of replacing my desktop every year due to technology issues.

Many thanks

Martin

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

Probably you have to search on google about modded nvidia drivers, a workaround not a real solution since it's more an hardware thing.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • CounselDXB

Thanks IronFly,

I expect it will take some time till modded Windows 10 drivers are issued.

And the other idea - replacing the G210 by something more modern?

Any experience or recommendation?

Since my Z5710 is standing in desert environment, I belong to the category of users able to dismount and re-mount this All-In-One Man Tongue bi-annually for cleaning.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

GPU is soldered on mainboard, so you can't change it.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer

I had a similar problem with an ATI Quadro FX 1400 video card (ten years old) in a machine I was working on today. The newest 64bit driver that used to work was the Vista version (which didn't work for 8.1). I installed the Vista driver in compatibility mode and the darned thing worked! Smiley Happy

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • manicmechanic
    manicmechanic Member Posts: 9 New User
    I would just try using the windows 7 driver should work fine