Wndows 10 Drivers Don't Always Work

Options

I am seeing a number of posts about things not working and flags in Device Manager after a Windows 10 upgrade.

What is happening is that as part of the process Windows is "updating" a number of drivers that it does not need to (have yet to see an 8.1 driver that does not work with Win 10).

The Intel DPTF is a case in point. The latest Acer driver is 6.2.9200.30457. Windows 10 loader 7.1.0.20. Rolling back to the latest Acer drive fixed the problem.

So if things do not work, I'd suggest setting a restore point and then reload the lastest 8.1 driver set from support.acer.com. It may even work.

ps I had to force feed the 6.2 DPTF drivers but it worked

pps pehaps this shold be a sticky.

Answers

• digitalwand
    digitalwand Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

I understand your comments.  Though, the one relevant item on ACER download site for my system, SW5-011, is

"IO Drivers Intel Serial IO Driver 603.9600.1948.28229" which is listed for Win-8.1 32bits -- But, when you expand it, it states it is 64bits -- and when you try to force install it the OS also reports an error as it being for 64bits (the SW5-011 is running 32bits os).

Seems that ACER posted the wrong file.

The Aspire Switch 10 is a nice system, at least for my needs, but without the keyboard/touchpad it is useless, it is just another tablet.