Windows Touchpad stopped working for Acer Aspire E1-510-4659

Options
ktang200
ktang200 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 18 in 2018 Archives

My touchpad suddenly stopped working and I don't know what to do about it. I've beening looking around the web for tips and tricks but to avail. I tried Fn+F7 and various similar combinatins but they don't work. I also tried going into my mouse settings to see if it was disabled. It was enabled and said it was working just fine. I then decided to do a MBAM scan because I thought it could be a virus that is casuing the problem and no threats were detected. I then read that pressing F2 during start-up and enabling the touchpad through there is an option. I tried that and the option to enable touchpad wasn't on my laptop. Finally, I read that going back into windows 8 and doing some stuff with the BIOs could help, but this is a used laptop and apparnetly used to operate Windows 8 (can't confirm though) before I got it but I don't think I can change it back. The only temporary solution I have is using an extenral USB mouse, but I want to use my touchpad as well. Help, what do I do? Thanks in advance!

Best Answer

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,106 Trailblazer
    Options

Hi,

Could you please tell us the name of the Touchpad and the Operating system you are using, have you tried reinstalling the drivers for your Touchpad after downloading from Acer support?

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support

• ktang200
    Options

@brummyfan2

Hi! My OS is Windows 10 and my touchpad uses ELAN. 

I have not tried reinstalling my drivers yet because, admittedly, I don't really know how to do that. If you can guide me on that, that would be great! 

Thanks. 

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,106 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi,

Go to Acer support site, download the driver for Elantech Touchpad, save it somewhere you can access.

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

Go to Device manager(right click windows logo), expand "Mice and other Devices", right click Elan touchpad after highlighting it, select Properties, go to driver tab and uninsatll it, go to the downloaded driver and install it, you need to extract the downloaded driver, open the extracted folder, right click setup and run as admin.

• ktang200
    Options

Sorry for the late reply. I uninstalled my ELAN driver and my touchpad started working again even with having to reinstall it. Thanks for the help!

• NI7E
    NI7E Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hi,

Go to Acer support site, download the driver for Elantech Touchpad, save it somewhere you can access.

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

Go to Device manager(right click windows logo), expand "Mice and other Devices", right click Elan touchpad after highlighting it, select Properties, go to driver tab and uninsatll it, go to the downloaded driver and install it, you need to extract the downloaded driver, open the extracted folder, right click setup and run as admin.

There are no Windows 10 drivers for model E1-510.

I have a problem too.
    When drivers were installed, touchpad stopped working after I closed the lid. (even tho the lid is set to 'do nothing' when closed).
    Then after uninstalling drivers, touchpad works, but multitouch (scrolling) doesn't work.
    Installing the drivers again didn't help. It is still the same as without them.
    :/