Windows 10 webcam not working on Aspire S3-392G

tusienka
tusienka Member Posts: 3 New User

I have an Acer Aspire S3-392G laptop. Today I upgraded to Windows 10 and my webcam stopped working. It worked fine on Windows 8.1. My driver is Realtek Webcam HD. I tried updating it, uninstalling and installing again in compatibility mode. Nothing changed. Any advice?

Answers

• tusienka

Nevermind, solved it! I installed all recommended Windows 10 drivers from the Acer website and uninstalled my webcam completely. When I rebooted it magically appeared. Only took me 2 days of searching...Thanks everyone

• khanka
    khanka Member Posts: 5 New User

Where do you find the windows 10 drivers? I have an E5-511P and the acer website only shows drivers for windows 8.1? My webcam is also not working after the windows 10 upgrade.

• tusienka

I had a dropdown manu where I could change the operating system. Had a look at your model but you don't seem to have an option to change to Windows 10. Maybe there's no updated drivers for your model yet? I know, it's sooo annoying! Did you try uninstalling the driver and restarting your laptop?

• khanka
    khanka Member Posts: 5 New User

yeah i did...uninstalling and then re-installing. what's weird is that the hd integrated webcam shows up as a pc camera now