Windows 10 issues. Cant restore 8.1 either

Options
martwho1
martwho1 Member Posts: 3 New User

So, hope i can get some help.

Upgraded to windows 10 no issues. Immediately did a clean install no issues. Activated fine.

Used my device for a few weeks and all was good until yesterday and it would not boot it just sat at the acer logo for ages.

So i decided to try another clean install of windows 10.

Installed fine infact im typing this message on it now only here is the problem.

WIndows 10 will not activate, infact it says my windows key is blocked (Error code: 0xC004C003)

Spoke to windows they were no help. Infact told me to speak to Acer or buy a new key.

Cannot revert to Windows 8.1 either as stupidly when i did the clean install i deleted all the partitions.

Tried for hours to find a download for the correct iso to reinstall windows but have failed everytime. Keeps telling me the key i extracted from the Bios is not valid for the install. Even tried it through windows store using the download with key method.

The extracted key tells me the OEM version is:Win 8.1 RTM Core OEMSmiley Very HappyM also the sticker on the bottom of the laptop only says Windows 8 .

Can someone please help me sort this out. Anyone have a link to the correct iso?

I assume if is speak to ACER as its out of warranty they probably wont be too helpful either or charge me for an intall disc and i'll have to wait for it.

Answers

• martwho1
    Options

Spoke to windows who say that there is nothing they can do and that i need to reinstall windows 8.1 and upgrade again.

Soke to Acer who want to charge me £51 for the ceovery media!

Anyone know how i can get this media via another method????

• martwho1
    Options

Overwelmed by all the support I have received during my first foray into the Acer forum.

Managed to fix this myself - cheers!