Windows 10 freezing when unplug charger

Options
samortiz59
samortiz59 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2016 Archives

Hello everyone

After I installed W10 latest update in my Acer Aspire R11 it started to freeze after 2-10 minutes

I've noted that the problem starts when I unplug the power supply my computer starts to freeze

Did someone have the same problem? How can I fix it?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,816 Trailblazer
    Options

Try setting your power options back to default. It might have corrupted settings and is doing something like setting maximum processor speed to zero when on battery.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • HVBog
    HVBog Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I have the same problem. My laptop works fine when plugged, but when I unplug it, it freezes and I have to turn it off with the power button. Resetting the power settings to the original settings did not help. Any other suggestions, in the store they tell me it has to be a software issue. It was working fine until a while ago. I would love to have this issue solved. Any ideas?

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,132 Trailblazer
    Options

HVBog wrote:

I have the same problem. My laptop works fine when plugged, but when I unplug it, it freezes and I have to turn it off with the power button. Resetting the power settings to the original settings did not help. Any other suggestions, in the store they tell me it has to be a software issue. It was working fine until a while ago. I would love to have this issue solved. Any ideas?

Hi,

Have you tried a battery reset, the instructions are in this video:https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34843/~/acer-internal-battery-reset

Make sure that you remove the AC adpater before starting the reset, leave the laptop to rest for 10 mins after completing the reset.