Windows 10 for Iconia W1-810

Options
Shatterer
Shatterer Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello everybody,

I was wondering how can I get the Windows 10 update for my Iconia W1-810.

I got the update for my desktop pc via the taskbar icon, but that never showed up on the tablet.

After checking, I do have all up to date, even the last 1.06 bios, so I do not know what is wrong.

According to the list of upgradable Acer tablets, mine is on the list. Any step I should be doing?

Thanks in advance for any response,

Cheers

Best Answer

Answers

• IruZaf
    IruZaf Member Posts: 3 New User
    Answer ✓
    Options

I've updated mine: just download the Media Creation Tool from Microsoft official site (http://windows.microsoft.com/it-it/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install ), run it, and choose "Upgrade this PC now" Smiley Happy

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

It will take a while for Micrsoft to roll the update out to everyone. I have only had one of my computers update so far, and I have it reserved on five.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • joehall
    joehall Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

IruZaf

How did you get it to work on your tablet?

I installed it but had no rotation and in tablet mode the tiled bit just stayed open with no desktop?

When I turned tablet mode off which game me a desktop. Then after a reboot I had to use usb mouse and keyboard

just to get into the tablet?

So I have restored back to windows 8.1.

Any and all help welcome :-)

• IruZaf
    IruZaf Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Honestly... I haven't done much D: Installed the way I wrote above here, started it, installed updates via Windows Update... and that's it. I remember I had to enable rotation & desktop mode from the menu on the right, and before installing the updates it was a bit laggy, but other than that I didn't have any problem... I still have Windows 10 on my tablet and I must say it's doing a pretty good job.

• joehall
    Options

IruZaf

Thanks for the reply will give it another go, just Microsoft are not very helpful!

At least I could restore thanks to Acer restore software :-)

Thanks...

• joehall
    Options

IruZaf

Tried again through windows update spent one hour downloading then offered to install windows 10 Preview !! :-/

So used the software tool from microsoft as you pointed out and it downloaded windows 10 installed it.

No promlems with drivers, bit slow, but then after windows updates "already" all is now fine.

Thanks.. 

• Shatterer
    Shatterer Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Just an update, I did get to install Windows 10 after folloging the windows tool recommendation.

I did have a few problems here and there, like for example the rotation of the tablet was wrong (upside down). So I had to lock the rotation, install some intel drivers and restart to solve that. (drivers were from this acer site).

The rest went fine. The tablet feels more polished now and even more responsive than before, I am impressed.

Just remember to make a full clean afterwards, run the drive clean up, and also remove the old installation and files.

Cheers.

PS: The solution link directs you to an italian page, if you change the it-it for en-us in the link, you will be able to read it.

• acampos
    acampos Member Posts: 11 New User
    Options

Thans to all for your info.

I heve installed directly from Microsoft with tool and direct install.It works fine and tables , in Tablet Mode  , now is a real good windows tablet.

But, I would lke to make clean installation formatting disk and did not manage to do it. I have a pendrive usb built up with upgarding tool.

As we only have an usb connector it starts but touch screen is not responsive to do on.

Ding it with an external usb mux process starts, since I included a mouse I can go further , but now it asks for an usb drive.

Summary: can anyone help how to make a clean installation?

• joehall
    Options

I havent tried to install via USB but I did by a "4 Port Power Micro USB Host OTG Hub Adapter Cable" from Ebay.

This let me use mouse keyboard and usb stick via the one USB socket?

You could give it a go it cost me about £4.00 !!!

• HEAVEN75
    HEAVEN75 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    Spoiler
    nwe user

i am having difficulty with my bluetooth keyboard. It cannot be detected. I had read a couple of article about its installation, still a failure. it was all about windows 10, aspire..etc please help me.

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Options

Should have a bluetooth driver for your device at support.acer.com. If there is no Win 10 driver I'd try one for wIN 8. Many drivers even back to Win 7 still work.