Windows 10 does not recognize the Monitor as PnP

Options
Earl39
Earl39 Member Posts: 3 New User

Windows 10 has my FT220 HQL touch monitor listed as "generic" and limits the resolution.  Windows 7 recognized the monitor and offred the highest resolution the monitor supports.  The resolution in Windows 10 is very poor and it limits the resolution.  I went through the initial start up procedure as described in the Quick Guide, but it did not help.  The auto Adjust does not improve it either.   I do not see win 10 drivers on the web site.  Is this the problem?  Why doesn't win 10 recognize the monitor?  How do I correct?

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers/5117;-;FT220HQL

you can install windows 8 drivers and check if this resolve your resolution problem.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Earl39
    Earl39 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

I downloaded the win 8 drivers from the Acer site, but they would not load.  I had a chat with an Acer support person which was useless.  I just revered to windows 7 (easy option in 10), and full function is restored.  I'll check the Acer site from time to time and wait for a win 10 driver.  My Windows 10 upgrade button is still showing, and a copy is reserved.  Thanks for the response.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

So you tried to install the drivers manually but they didn't work?

ok, let's wait for windows 10 drivers if any will be available.

I'm not an Acer employee.