Windows 10 Graphics Driver Needed

Options
RHawk555
RHawk555 Member Posts: 7 New User

Windows 10 says I need a graphics driver for the Nvidia GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 installed in my Acer AX1420-UR10P.  How do I get that driver?

Answers

• ParthPtl
    ParthPtl Member Posts: 34 New User
    Options

Did u try this website : - http://www.geforce.com/drivers

• RHawk555
    Options

A Windows 10 driver for GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 is not available.  I have 3 Acer AX1420-UR10P and one eMachines EL1352-01E all with the same chipset.  I found a work around.  I installed an XFX One 1Gb video card and deleted all the Nvidia software in one of the Acers.  I was using a Belkin N-900 USB wireless adapter on that computer.  When I restarted my computer it reinstalled the Nvidia networking drivers.  I also entered bios (press DEL on reboot) and checked to see that the onboard graphics were disabled.  They were.  When I restarted my Acer I still got the Windows 10 error message about the GeForce not being Windows 10 compliant.  I gave up and shutdown the computer.  When I started the computer the next day I was surprised that there was a message that Windows 10 was ready to be installed.  I tried to install Windows 10 by using the pop up window, but it just sat there saying it was working.  After about 20 minutes I closed the window and checked the internet. I found that many people had trouble with the pop up window.  The solution is to go the Update on the computer and click on install.  Windows 10 installed in about 2 hours.  The USB  wireless adapter did not work; no internet access.  Fortunately I had an extra CAT slot on my router so I hooked up to that and Windows 10 connected to the internet.  The Belkin adapter does not have a Windows 10 driver on the Belkin site.  I'm going to check on an AC USB  wireless adapter to see if there is a Windows 10 driver for it.  If not, I still have the CAT connection.

• AndyK1
    AndyK1 Member Posts: 6 New User
    Options

Graphics drivers are not generally OS specific.

When a driver says it is for windows 10 that just means its been verified on Windows 10.

Windows 7 drivers should work on windows 10.

• RHawk555
    Options

The Get Windows 10 popup said that the GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 "display manufacturer hasn't made the display compatible with Windows 10.  Check with the manufacturer for support."  Nvidia said there would not be a Windows 10 driver.  The computer that I had been using came with Windows 7. When I made the changes detailed in my prior post the computer works with Windows 10, using the same display that I had been using.  Obviously there is something in Windows 10 that doesn't like the GeForce chipset and/or driver.

• AndyK1
    Options

Hmm, that seems a bit odd.

I have installed W10 on 2 different machines and in both cases the graphics driver has been replaced by a basic microsoft driver that is very slow with no hardware acceleration.

In both cases, I just downloaded the windows 7 driver from the manufacturers website and they worked perfectly in windows 10.

All windows graphics cards have this basic capablilty, so if you install windows 10 it will work but might be very slow.

You might want to try downloading the windows 7 driver, applying the WIN10 upgrade then installing the driver. If it doesn't work, you can always roll back to windows 7.

• AndyK1
    Options

Just to  add.....

Don't use the get Windows 10 app, go to the Microsoft website and down load the Windows 10 media creation tool.

Download to your harddrive, don't bother with the USB option.

When run select upgrade, do not do a clean install.

Make sure you have downloaded the latest Gforce driver, ready to install after you have done the upgrade.

• RHawk555
    Options

What I've done is working, so I think I'll just let it run as is.

I was using a Belkin N-900 USB wireless adapter on the computer.  After I installed Windows 10 there wasn't a connection to my wireless LAN.  I tried uninstalling the Belkin driver and reinstalling it.  When I tried to install the driver from the CD that came with the adapter an error message poped up that said, "OS not supported", and the driver would not install. I connedted to my LAN using a CAT cable and downloaded the driver from the Belkin website and installed in Windows 7 compatibility mode.  I disconnected the CAT cable and restared the computer.  Had a ! on the wireless icon in the Task Bar.  Went through the Windows troubleshooting utility and it corrected the problem.  I now have full functionality and internet connection.

I can see someone who has not been playing with home computer since 1981, as I have, getting very frustrated and giving up on Windows 10. I have 3 Acer and one e-Machine computers with the same GeForce chip set.  I've ordered three more graphics cards and will go through the same process when they arrive.  Hopefully  there's not some quirk that will keep the other three from working as the first one did.

• RHawk555
    Options

Oh, and you're right about not using the Windows 10 connection. I tried that and it stuck on "Working on it". I saw on the internet that many were having that problem.  I then to Windows Update and Windows 10 installed in about 2 hours with no problem.

I used that process to upgrade my Lenovo ThinkCentre.  Interestingly enough, it seemed to hang at 84% file copy and 25% completion.  I let it sit, and after about 2 hours it jumped to 75% completion and completed fairly quickly.