Win10 update and RAID 0 on a S7-392

Options
PRMC1962
PRMC1962 Member Posts: 6 New User

Does the Windows 10 update on a Aspire S7-392 keeps the RAID 0 working properly?

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

It should, IIRC the RAID0 is handled on the SSD module, not through external hardware or software drivers. This means it should be compleely transparent to the OS. I'd suggest verifying that you have the current BIOS installed and, of course, all the latest OS and driver updates. Backup the system then go for it!

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    Options

It should, IIRC the RAID0 is handled on the SSD module, not through external hardware or software drivers. This means it should be compleely transparent to the OS. I'd suggest verifying that you have the current BIOS installed and, of course, all the latest OS and driver updates. Backup the system then go for it!

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • PRMC1962
    Options

Thanks. I will follow your advices.

• PRMC1962
    Options

Update to Win10 worked fine. RAID working as it should. Thx. 

• billsey
    Options

Great! Nce to hear back from you on this. Smiley Happy