Win 10 for 8481TG

Options
TorbenMundfeld
TorbenMundfeld Member Posts: 15 New User

When will I be able to upgrade to win 10?

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

you can upgrade whenever you want, you just need to download windows 10 from Microsoft website and follow instructions; if you laptop is eligible for the free update (windows 7-8.x authentic installed).

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

The main issues will be drivers search, since your laptop has no Acer drivers support; so if something is missing you will do a search or hope that windows updates will find all the correct updates.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • TorbenMundfeld
    Options

There is one issu there.. My win 7 pro key is OEM version, and if i Download win 10 through windows.com I cant activate it. And microsoft says I need to do it through windos 7 the first time. Or do you have an solution for it?

Oh, and when i use the win10 upgrade in my menubar, it will come with the 0x000000000f error

• IronFly
    Options

yes, you need to upgrade first, then you can do a clean install...at least until Microsoft will release an updated version of windows 10 installer.

i can't find any reference to this error, anything else apart the error code?

is windows 7 fully updated?

• TorbenMundfeld
    Options

Yes it is. Well I update it every tiome there are some updates..

No it's kind a strange error. I have found some guides to install it, and how to help it through the error, but it wont work.. I guess I have to wait on acer or microsoft :-/

• IronFly
    Options
  • TorbenMundfeld
    Options

that's just great.. That my win 7 pro, have the win 10 update tool, and when i run the test it says, can i upgrade, no error found.. But guess not.. Then I'll have to wait.. Smiley Sad

• IronFly
    Options

if you have some spare time and don't mind to backup all your personal data; you can try to factory reset your laptop, install all windows 7 updates and then try to upgrade to windows 10.

probably it will take a whole day, depends on your web download and HDD speed.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 32,345 Trailblazer
    Options

TorbenMundfeld wrote:

Yes it is. Well I update it every tiome there are some updates..

No it's kind a strange error. I have found some guides to install it, and how to help it through the error, but it wont work.. I guess I have to wait on acer or microsoft :-/

Make sure you are doing the updates that don't happen automatically too. Optional ones often aren't installed by default.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • IronFly
    Options

Microsoft just release windows 10 threshold 2, so it will accept windows 7 and up product key too during clean installation:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

• TorbenMundfeld
    Options

I have med the factory and update the whole thing, also the "hidden" ones, and then tryed. Same issue.. Now I will try with the newest link you just postet, Thank you Smiley Happy

• TorbenMundfeld
    Options

I do not understand your link, I can chose to Upgrade now, create a ISO ( download the tool ) But witch one is it. I'm not a rookie at computer/software, I'm just tired of making clean installation/recovery of my compyter after each try Smiley Happy

• TorbenMundfeld
    Options

Hmm Now I tried the upgrade fuction, and got this error " \\WINDOWS\System32\winload.exe " error code 0xc0000225

after that I thought, I'll try the ISO creation tool, so I made a USB (16Gb) since i don't have a CD-Rom drive in my laptop.. So I begin to boot, All was looking good, getting to start with the instalation, and then! Windows was unable to be installd on my SD because it's a MBR partation on EFI system.. And windows can only be installd on a GPT disc.. W000T!! was is that?

• IronFly
    Options

please backup all your data before doing it and create Acer erecovery if available:

you need to wipe completly your HDD, you can do it from windows 10 installation

select "custom: install windows only" after the initial prompts

click on your HDD and select format or delete (if you have more partitions, format them)

once done, click on windows installation

• TorbenMundfeld
    Options

I needed to do it CMD and use the Diskpart tool. Now I justg hav a new issue, When i boot i need to push F12 (boot menu) and select the "3.unknown Device: Windows Boot Manager" I won't boot up on my SSD, it says boot device are missing ( or somethi g lie that)

Do you have any tips & tricks to avoid to press F12 at each boot Smiley Very Happy

I did the trick with "GenuineTicket.exe" create it and copy it to my win10 install.

• IronFly
    Options

on BIOS what's your priority boot list entries?

windows boot manager must be the first

why have you used that trick? it's not needed.

• TorbenMundfeld
    Options
    I don't have that in my option. I have.
    HDD0: Hitachi
    HDD1: SSD
    USB cdrom
    USB HDD
    USB fdd
    Hdd2
    Network boot, they ate listed 1-7
  • IronFly
    Options

wait a moment

you have 1 SSD and 1 HDD?

how big is the SSD?

is your BIOS set to UEFI?

have you installed windows 10?

• TorbenMundfeld
    Options
    Yes one SSD and one HDD.
    I can't switch to UEFI, that function isn't available not even if I make the supervisor password.
    What to do? In case I need it again.

But I manage to fix it by reinstall and use the disk tool again.

Thank you for your patience and help.
  • TorbenMundfeld
    Options
    After the new install therefore a new option in boot.
    Network boot: BRCM MBA Slot 0700 v14.6.11
  • IronFly
    Options

ok, don't worry about UEFI not available and also about network boot.