Where is the windows 10 reserve button

Options
SethW05
SethW05 Member Posts: 3 New User

I cant seem to find the windows 10 reserve button on my acer aspire switch 10 even though i have all the windows updates, even the optional ones Please Help Me!!

Answers

• raucouscobra
    raucouscobra Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Options

have the same problem.  the KB updates on mine are not installed.  when i triied to install them manually, they say they are "not applicable for this machine".. i contacted Acer support several days ago and they basically told me they were going to push the upgrade out when it got close to the 29th.  It's close to the 29th.

When I bought my unit from Amazon, it avertised free upgrade to Win10.  I hope we get the free upgrade

• raucouscobra

Tinkerer

Options

my win10 icon just appeared

• SethW05
    Options
    Well mine all the updates, so that's weird. So is ACER gonna release an update that will enable the button?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

SethW05 wrote:
    Well mine all the updates, so that's weird. So is ACER gonna release an update that will enable the button?

It's a function of Microsoft, not Acer.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • raucouscobra

Tinkerer

Options

Although I agree with you, when I talked to Acer, they claimed they were controlling this pushout somehow.  I dont find that to be true, but if you see it show up in the next few days, maybe it is true.

• Tranjir
    Tranjir Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I ave an Iconia W 700P. No reserve button Windows 10 can be found!

• Tranjir
    Tranjir Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I have an Iconia W 700P. No reserve button Windows 10 can be found!

• SethW05
    Options
    Man, now the update is already out and were stuck with windows 8.1. This is dissapointing Acer......
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

Tranjir wrote:

I have an Iconia W 700P. No reserve button Windows 10 can be found!

My W700 has it. Are you sure you have all Windows updates installed?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Bavega
    Bavega Member Posts: 30 Troubleshooter
    Options

Ah, the wonderful magic of computers...

I had the Windows 10 reserve button but today it had dissappeared! Not that I have the time to upgrade this week anyway, but I do find it amusing that it has been there right until launch day only to dissappear once the upgrade is actually available.

It is probably due to the app's indication that my Iconia W510 display is not Windows 10 compatible.