Upgrade Failure0XC1900101-0X20017

Options
cfourkays
cfourkays Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter

Brand new Acer R3-131T Has 32GB drive

First followed the upgrade instructions when said upgrade was ready. Install failed when it was almost finished.

Received Error message "Install failed in safe OS phase..."

oX1900101-0X20017

It returns the system back to Windows 8.1

Tried all sorts of fixes from the answers.microsoft.com support site where there appears to be a large number of these failures.

Nothing worked.

There seems to be a thread for PC's with SSD's but no resolution, either from Microsoft or Manufactures.

Anyone have any luck here?

Best Answer

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I think reinstalling the OS from the media is the best idea. Let us know if the reset from the media fixes your issue. Just curious, but are you attaching a USB drive for additional space to complete the upgrade? If so, you may try formatting that drive or trying a different USB drive.

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Options

Try updating to the latest BIOS for your product from our driver download site. Go to http://www.acer.com, click on Support, then click Drivers and Manuals. Choose your product and download and install BIOS 1.06. This should correct any errors you are getting during the upgrade. Please let me know if this does not resolve your issue.

• cfourkays
    Options

Hi Blayn,

Did the BIOS update from 1.04 to 1.06.

Hpgrade moved alond to the second upgrade session, progree shown on a circle.

I reached 23%, rebooted said it was reinstalling prior OS  rebooted again and now I have a blue screen, not like a BSOD, error code 0000225

"You'll need to use recover tools on your installation Media......."

Right now I'm attemting to resetl 8.1 using the Acer Recovery I made.

• Blayn-Acer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I think reinstalling the OS from the media is the best idea. Let us know if the reset from the media fixes your issue. Just curious, but are you attaching a USB drive for additional space to complete the upgrade? If so, you may try formatting that drive or trying a different USB drive.
  • cfourkays
    Options

Yes, I'm attaching a 32GB formatted to NTFS.

I finally got the Reset working using the Acer Recovery.

I was reaching a point where the Reset would get to 74% and a blue screen comes up with:

"A configuration change was requested to clear this computer's TPM (Trusted Platform Module)"

Warning: Clearing erases information stored on the TPM

Yes           No

After trying each, the PC rebooted and started booting the whole Reset process again.

The problem was that I had left the BIOS in Legacy with the USB-HDD as first boot.

I then reset the BIOS to UEFI, set to default settings, with the HYnix as first boot.

Have to reboot each time to save BIOS settings.

With the USB plugged in, the Reset went without any problem to completion.

When finished, was asked to install the Windows 10 Upgrade.

Finished and the PC is working with the W-10 installed, all apps working.

Hope this helps for anyone else with the same problem.

Pete Crane

• Blayn-Acer
    Options
    Glad to hear you are up and running with Windows 10. Thanks for posting your experience to let others know who may be having a similar problem.