Update failed error 80070003

Options
JohnWorthington
JohnWorthington Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi

I have a V3-571 running Windows 8.1 with all the latest upgrades but when I attempt to upgrade to Windows 10 I recieve an error code 80070003.  Has anyone suffered the same and found a solution.

Answers

• Markio
    Markio Member Posts: 11 New User
    Options
    Uninstall all drivers and perform an upgrade to Windows 10 using this tool:
    When the installation being started, under "Choose what to keep" select the option "Nothing (everything will be deleted, including apps, files and settings)"
  • padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Options

All of my upgrades have been "keep user files and apps". Most error messages are caused by not having all Windows updates (important and optional) installed first.

Also I do not use flash drives at all but in my 32GB tabs I use a microSD card (16GB or more) if more space is needed - select external drive and click on the menu space.

• JohnWorthington
    JohnWorthington Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hi

Update on my trials updating to Windows 10 and error 80070003. 

The link Jordan B provided led me to a link on Windows EightForum where member "genet" provides a fix to the issues caused by partition the Hard Drive using EaseUS Partition Master (changes Recovery partitions to OEM which is not recognised in the update process - fix returns the partitions to Recovery).

Using the USB download from Microsoft's Media Creation tool the update loaded and thought everything was going happen but on at about the 75% overall mark (91% of installing features and drivers) it rebooted and I got the 0xC1900101 - 0x40017 error (failed on SECOND_BOOT).

I am now in the process of trying to find a solution to this new error.