Switch 10 drivers windows 10

jessevd
jessevd Member Posts: 4 New User

I just installed Windows 10 on my Switch 10 and it works fine. I just have the feeling that there are drivers missing. I tried to install the windows 8.1 driver package, but when I press the setup I get a message about MSVCP110.dll missing. Is there any way to solve this or to get the drivers working otherwise?! Thanks

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer

That dll is part of the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 and you can download it directly from Microsoft.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • maxorkaGTi
    maxorkaGTi Member Posts: 16 New User

How do u install windows 10?Fresh install or via windows update?

• jessevd

Thanks for the reply Billsey, I tried that already, but then the installer doesn't do anything anymore, just a blank popup.

MaxorkaGTi, I installed windows by downloading it via microsoft. I indeed did a clean install, since on my other laptop the update gave me a not functioning machine! (You do need at least 9 or 10 GB free hard drive space though!) The installation was done within the hour and everything works, even without the drivers. 

So actually I am also not really sure wether I need all the acer drivers or not?!

• maxorkaGTi

What version of windows you install and exactly witch Switch 10 you own.What about actiovation?

• jessevd

maxorkaGTi wrote:

What version of windows you install and exactly witch Switch 10 you own.What about actiovation?

I installed the 32 bit version, then Microsoft automatically select the Home version of windows for you. I have the acer switch 10 sw5-012. The upgrade to Windows 10 is free, as long as you have a legitimate version of windows 7 or 8.1 installed on your machine, so you have no problems with activation or what so ever.

• maxorkaGTi

Ok.So u booted via USB with Windows 10 or run setup from image via windows 8.1?Sorry but can u give me link for download the ISO file?

• jessevd

I ran the setup just like you would install any other program. I used this link.

This will go to the dutch microsoft website, but with you it will probably automatically go to you countrys page.

Like I said, I just installed it by using the setup, but here you can also chose to make a bootable usb or an iso. Good luck!

• maxorkaGTi

Thankk you,

i will keep tryning to update.Hope this time work.

• af79
    af79 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Hi, i made a clean install of Win 10 on my Switch 10 SW5-011.

After installation i had a lot of problems due to lack of drivers (8 unrecognized devices), no sound, no inertial sensor, no switching tablet / notebook mode, and frequent system freezes.

I found a product from Lenovo with the same platform of the Switch 10, with the only exception of the front camera (same producer, different model). Lenovo just released Win 10 (32 bit) drivers for this device. I downloaded and installed this package, and solved all my problems. Is a temporary solution (i contacted Acer, they''re releasing the official drivers in a few days), but works perfectly!

This is the link of the package:

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds040016

Bye

• flaxton
    flaxton Member Posts: 3 New User

The Lenovo drivers seemed to work for me (Acer Aspire Switch 10 SW5-012) except for sound.

• leslied
    leslied Member Posts: 1 New User

The problem is that windows update automatically updates the camera drivers with new non functioning drivers!

My daughter has a SW5-11 (the first model of switch 10) I upgraded to november update of windows 10 and the webcam stopped working...

I spent a couple of hours on this (and I am M.Sc. Comp Science!).  The answer is as follows:-

Go to the acer support site and download the Intel driver package for Windows 8.1. 

Unpack it go to setup.exe and right click on it. open the compatibility tab and select Run compatible with windows 8.1. 

Run the installer.  It reinstalls the old windows 8.1 drivers.  Restart when the installer propmpts.

Voila!  the Camera now works! 

If you dont want to repeat this process every day - disable windows 10 update.  You can enable it once a month and deal with problems like this when you expect them. 

• lipmat
    lipmat Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello,

I could not find a driver that helps me with rear camera. The front camera can be got to work using leslied instruction (‎03-25-2016 09:43 AM) but the rear camera (main camera) is not working.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

lipmat