Some live tiles update, some don't, despite being "on"

Options
edpiot
edpiot Member Posts: 2 New User

New Acer R3-131T W10. Some live tiles update, some don't. When I right click the ones that don't update, the menu says turn live tile off, indicating it is turned on. How do I get it to update?

Best Answer

• edpiot
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks for your reply.

That link indicates the app is for Windows 8, not Windows 10, and will not work with Windows 10. However, there was a link on that page to a windows 10 help page.  That help page suggested updating Windows 10. It appears that the factory installed version was quite out of date as numerous updates were installed with many restarts--in fact I left it to run overnight to install them all. The live tiles all work fine now, so it was simply a matter of installing all the updates.

Answers

• hgmartin9
    hgmartin9 Member Posts: 132 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

Try this link for trobleshooting:

Troubleshoot problems with an app

• edpiot
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks for your reply.

That link indicates the app is for Windows 8, not Windows 10, and will not work with Windows 10. However, there was a link on that page to a windows 10 help page.  That help page suggested updating Windows 10. It appears that the factory installed version was quite out of date as numerous updates were installed with many restarts--in fact I left it to run overnight to install them all. The live tiles all work fine now, so it was simply a matter of installing all the updates.