Scroll not working on Touchpad [Windows 10]

wwagnerjr
wwagnerjr Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited March 18 in 2020 Archives

I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on my Acer Aspire 7750G-6645 Notebook computer.  Everything seems to work fine except that the touchpad scrolling doesn't work. The touchpad for this notebook isn't 2 finger it's a up & down band on the rightside of the touchpad that you gently slide your finger over it up or down to scroll.  If it's a Driver issue which driver do I needto install because I don't see a Windows 10 driver for the 7750G LAPTOP I have. How do I go about fixing the scroll issue? I'm pretty much just a novice when it comes to dealing with computers so please to sure to type it out step by step. Thx

If you need any other of my computer specs let me know.

Answers

• djm
    djm Member Posts: 3 New User

I Have an Acer Aspire V5-122P that I have just upgraded to Windows 10.

The mouse pointer disappears once I enter my password at login; I have to connect an external mouse to continue.

Can you sort this please?

• markfarley
    markfarley Member Posts: 1 New User

I'm in the same boat, no scroll on touchpad after W10 intall, let me know if you get help, thanks!

• djm

My temporary "solution" has been to buy a wireless mouse; but In would still like my touchpad to work again.

• wwagnerjr
    wwagnerjr Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Surprising me they thought never even popped into my head. Not that it would have mattered or changed anything because carrying around a wireless mouse around with a laptop would be a major PITA. I just don't understand why after months of beta testing they didn't discover and work together to find a fix for this issue.  It's not just Acer having touchpad issues after installing the Windows 10 Update.  So this should have been found durng beta testing and fixed prior putting it out for the masses  to download and use.

• djm

I found a solution on this thread

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Elan-touchpad-not-working-in-Windows-10/m-p/373640/highlight/false#M488

Roll back the ELAn driver and it works fine.

• stowie39
    stowie39 Member Posts: 2 New User

Ditto same problem, rolled back the driver as sugested and everything working again.

• CFCBattalion
    CFCBattalion Member Posts: 2 New User

I've tried rolling back, installing new drivers, old drivers, restarting million times... Nothing worked. Not a single thing. So frustrating. I have Acer Aspire 7750-6423.

Can someone please help?

Thank you in advance!

• stowie39
    stowie39 Member Posts: 2 New User

Only problem with this is that W10 then downloads and tries to install new driver again, and I can't find a way of stopping it!

• kd5cna
    kd5cna Member Posts: 1 New User

Similar issue here. Acer Aspire V5-572P. After upgrading to windows 10 I have no touchpad, but an external mouse will work. I have tried the windows 10 driver put out by acer for my laptop and no luck. I also tried rolling back to previous drivers, nope. I had to revert back to windows 8.1 to get my touchpad back.

• beb7
    beb7 Member Posts: 1 New User

You can prevent Win10 from upgrading a specific driver, see the fairly well hidden topic on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_update/how-to-block-automatic-reinstall-of-a-driver-or/bff07224-4ce2-4b42-ab29-68c3a305d730

I followed that troubleshooter and prevented the Elan touchpad driver from being updated. Seems to work fine.

I installed the Win 8.1 driver available from Acer for my model (Aspire V5-122P) and it works fine, touchpad scrolling is back.

• ntehicks
    ntehicks Member Posts: 1 New User

IT WORKS JUST DIFFERENTLY. INSTEAD OF USING ONE FINGER ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE PAD. YOU HAVE TO USE 2 FINGERS ON THE PAD TO SCROLL UP OR DOWN.

• ellars_mat
    ellars_mat Member Posts: 1 New User

For Elan - install the windows 10 driver version 15.6.2.1 - you will then have all the functions scroll etc.

• MadmanHux
    MadmanHux Member Posts: 1 New User

For my Acer Aspire

Settings

Devices

Connected Devices

Device Manager

Mice and other pointing devices

Select subfolder which I assumes is the driver

Action

Properties

Driver

Browse my computer

Let me pick from a list , I selected the Elan PS/2 smart pad and it works fine

• Spurlos
    Spurlos Member Posts: 1 New User

thats the solution to scrase drivers for Elan Tech touch pad. Thanks a lot!

• derekbd
    derekbd Member Posts: 2 New User

I have an Acer Aspire One netbook and after upgrading to windows 10 the edge scroll wouldn't work. I set it to do 2 finger scrolling and that worked... for a while. Then it seemed I couldn't scroll with 2 finger in Chrome. Today I found a simple solution; so simple I bang my head for not trying it. In ELAN Smart Pad control panel I disabled both horizontal and vertical scroll, and then renabled. It works again! Thank you SeijuroRen on the MS boards

I have also had to use a much firmer tap on the pad to click, and that seems to be all better now as well! Whew!

• stuartk
    stuartk Member Posts: 1 New User

i have an acer aspire 5741 and the scrolling on the right side of the touch pad is not working since i upgraded to windows 10. how do i fix it?

• derekbd
    derekbd Member Posts: 2 New User

I posted a very simple solution in the message right above yours. There are also new windows 10 drivers available to download.

• LANDONESI
    LANDONESI Member Posts: 2 New User

SOLUTION IS : DOWNLOAD 'SYNAPTICS POINTING DEVICE DRIVER'  AND INSTALL IT. THIS APP'S NON EXISTING IS THE REASON WHY YOUR TOUCHPAD SCROLL IS NOT WORKING, LET ME KNOW.

• LANDONESI
    LANDONESI Member Posts: 2 New User

AND THEN RESTART THE LAPTOP OFCOURSE