S7-392 constantly turns off when on battery

Parklife
Parklife Member Posts: 6 New User

Hi

Recently upgraded to Windows 10 and I have an issue that when not using the AC adaptor and running on the battery the laptop shuts down randomly and not cleanly. I cannot get it to stay on for more than 5 minutes at a time and often it switches off as soon as I sign in. When using the AC adaptor I have no issues at all.

Grateful for any ideas, otherwise I am going to try a fresh install.

Thanks

Best Answer

• Parklife
    Answer ✓

Got a bit and tightened up the screw as I found this solution on the net....so far so good. Been on and off a few times with no issue. 45 mins running and still ok. Fingers crossed!!!

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer

Check your Power Options to make sure it's not configured to panic and shutdown on something like 80% battery charge. What does the bettery charge display as when running on AC? Does the percentage change when you pull the plug? You might just have a bad battery...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Parklife

Low battery level set to 10%

Critical battery level set to 5%

Running on AC battery shows as fully charged(100%)

Pull the plug the battery slowly starts to run down - gives me time left and % - seems normal.

Seems too much of a coincidence that I upgrade and then have the battery issues - was fine on Windows 8.1, even the day before upgrading.

• billsey

It could be something corrupted in the battery monitoring drivers I suppose. I haven't seen it before on Windows if so however. You might try an uninstall from Device Manager then let Windows find and reinstall the drivers.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Parklife

After doing that the laptop will not even run without AC. It won't turn on without AC, and if AC is pulled it turns off. It has reinstalled the driver once it was removed.

• billsey

It's sounding more and more like hardware then... I'm going to assume you've already tried reseating the battery. If you are still under warranty contact Acer Support.

• Parklife

Not touched the battery. Don't have a small enough bit!

I took the plunge and re-installed win 10, but still the same issue.

I contacted Acer support and am still waiting for a response from last Sunday. I will give them a call.

• Parklife
    Answer ✓

Got a bit and tightened up the screw as I found this solution on the net....so far so good. Been on and off a few times with no issue. 45 mins running and still ok. Fingers crossed!!!

• billsey

Great! Different hardware than I imagined, but still hardware. Smiley Happy

• Parklife
    Still working ok! Thanks for all your help and suggestions.
  • kmeoutdoors
    kmeoutdoors Member Posts: 2 New User

I also have this issue with my brand new Apire V15 nitro black