Need help updating my video card for Acer Aspire V15 V3-574-73Z1.

AwokenGenius
AwokenGenius Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

HI

I have no idea how to actually update it, windows update says it is all up to date. But its suppose to have 3839 Dynamic Video Memory.

But i play a game and only have 512MB, i've run into graphical issues with smoke in particular looking really pixelated in a game, everythings fine no stuttering but the moving smoke and clouds is very pixelated.

I'm not a genius when it comes to computers lol

If someone could guide me please, it would be a great help. And if you ask for my settings can you share how to actually do that.

Thank You

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer

Fire up Device Manager and look at your Display Adapters. Make sure yours reflects the graphics set you actually have and not Basic Display Adapter (the latter is what is used if Windows can't find a driver for your actual hardware). Once you are sure the right drivers are loaded check to see if they have any options for how much memory is used and whether that memory is shared between processor and video.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • AwokenGenius
    AwokenGenius Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Did all that, apparently it's all updated and I need to look into getting a better machine to play video games and instead use my current laptop for work I guess.
    Thank you for your reply regardless.
  • shrivaas73
    shrivaas73 Member Posts: 6 New User

Not necessarily. You have an NVIDIA GeForce GT 940M, with 4GB VRAM, which should be enough for most games at low to medium settings.

If you're using Windows 10, here's the link you need:

http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/368.39/368.39-notebook-win10-64bit-international-whql.exe

For Windows 7/8/8.1, use:

http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/368.39/368.39-notebook-win8-win7-64bit-international-whql.exe

Just follow the instructions on-screen and you'll be fine.