M5 581T inaccesible boot divice error after Reset PC

Options
gonzalo25
gonzalo25 Member Posts: 3 New User

I installed windows 10 in my M5 581T, and was working fine. But I wanted to make a clean reset of the laptop so I used de RESET PC function of windows 10, after doing that I cant log to windows and keeps showing " inaccesible boot divice error" error.

Maybe windows 10 didnt installed correctly but in order to resintalled it I cant find windows key, it isnt at the back (it is just the logo of windows 8)

Any idea on how I can get the key or solve the problem without reinstalling all.

Regards,
Gonzalo

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

you don't need the windows 10 key if you already upgraded and had windows 10 authenticated.

so just skip when it's asking for a product key.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • gonzalo25
    Options

Why when I go to backup and restore it show now (windows 7), since m5 581 came with windows 8. Did I choose the wrong version of windows 10. I choose windows 10 home, should I choose windows 10 home N or the other version that medria creation tool offers?

Also that in :C drive it was created a new folder called Windows.old what is this?

• IronFly
    Options

windows.old is your old OS backup from windows 10

about windows 7 instead of windows 8, i don't know.

about windows 10....you had to look at system information after the first upgrade to know which version of windows 10 was good.

here you can check what version of windows 10 you can receive upgrading from a previous windows version:

http://www.cnet.com/news/which-edition-of-windows-10-will-you-get-for-free/

• gonzalo25
    Options

I think m5 581T came with windows 8 standard but Im not sure, any clue on how to know it? If I burn another boot windows cd but now using windows 10 pro version and reinstall again, if I have a stander license will it work well the installation and leave windows 10 as "home"?

• IronFly
    Options

i don't know about windows switch from home to professional.

about windows 7 or 8 from factory, windows 7 machines probably have a sticker with product key somewhere in the back of laptop.