Is the VGA listed here the same as my Intel HD Graphics?

Options
LkNolan
LkNolan Member Posts: 10 New User

I have an Acer Aspire ZC-606. Under Windows 10 Drivers on Acer's website, it lists a VGA driver from Intel, version 10.18.10.4242. After Windows 10 upgrade (I've also done a clean install) my PC says I have Intel HD Graphics version 10.18.10.4252. I assume Intel HD Graphics is the VGA driver then, based on the version numbers?

I have been having issues with my monitor freezing on me since before the clean install, and now it has happened again. Should I be uninstalling the ~4252 drivers Windows gave me in favour of the ~4242 drivers listed on Acer's website, are my current drivers just more up to date?

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

the actual drivers are an higher revision, so more up to date.

if you monitor froze even with older drivers, i don't think that revert to that revision will solve it.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • LkNolan
    LkNolan Member Posts: 10 New User
    Options

I think I had the new version when it started freezing, as it was after the Windows 10 upgrade (from Windows Update, before the clean install), but I'm not sure. I'm thinking it's either a problem with the drivers Windows gave me and I'll have to reinstall from Intel's website (I just went there and found the one I need) or it's a problem with what Intel released, if not something else altogether. The driver here at Acer was released on July 27th, and the latest release from Intel was on July 29th. That makes me think I might just have to wait for more releases to come that could fix this issue. I upgraded on July 31st or August 1st, so I think I would have had the latest driver by then.

I'm probably going to uninstall the driver and then get it straight from Intel just in case it works.