Is acer going to update drivers for 481pt lap for windows 10?

Options
Fridoon
Fridoon Member Posts: 1 New User

Please let us know are you going to update acer aspire m5 481pt drivers for windows 10?

Answers

• pbike908
    pbike908 Member Posts: 7 New User
    Options

I have an Aspire M5-481PT and successfully updated to Windows 10. 

Prior to upgrading Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, I was running my 481PT as a dual boot with Windows 10 preview.

The only device driver I had a problem with after upgrading was my touchpad/trackpad My touchpad did work after after upgrading, however, it was really slow and two finger scrolling didn't work.

I found the following Acer computers on their Windows 10 list of upgradable computers that pretty much have the same hardware as the 481pt.  Not sure why Acer doesn't show the 481pt as upgradeable, but hey it doesn't matter.

I found the Elan driver to work best for my touchpad/trackpad.

Acer Aspire E5-573T

Acer Aspire M5-583P

Here is Acer's Windows 10 page in case you don't have it:

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/windows10-eligible-models#_ga=1.215109335.1749581080.1438121970

Good luck!!!!

• PFeezzy
    PFeezzy Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I also have the 481PT. My problem is that my microphone no longer works. I reinstalled the realtek drivers using W8.1 compatiblity mode, and still no mic. I can't use Skype, Cortana, and google voice serch in Chrome.

• pbike908
    Options

I suggest that you try a different realtek driver.  Refer to my above post for a couple of windows 10 compatible Acer computers.  Try one of those drivers.  You may also try hunting arounnd on the web.  I am confident that if you try a couple of different drivers you will get it to work.  My computer is not compatible with "Hey Cortana" though which is OK with me since I don't need it.

Good Luck!!!

• psyphex
    psyphex Member Posts: 7 New User
    Options

Did you have any problem activating the 481pt with windows 10?  Ive tried it both from windows 8 to windows 10 and windows 8 -> 8.1 -> 10

Every time it says my product key is in use,  did you have to disable/change anything in the BIOS as far as UEFI is concerned?  currently running bios 2.22.  Ive had Microsoft elevate this to their tech support who said my key was perfectly valid and only registered to this PC but cannot activate windows 10 and referred me back to Acer because windows 8 was preinstalled...  Any help you could provide would be awesome

• pbike908
    Options

I had no trouble upgrading to Windows 10.  Acutally my touchpad didn't work properly, but I was able to find a driver for another Acer that corrected that problem.

That said, I recently purchased a new WIndows 10 laptop -- a different brand -- since my keyboard on my Acer wasn't working correctly anymore (somes keys weren't working, so it had nothing do do with Windows 10).

That said my new Windows 10 computer has an SSD, and a 6th generation I5, and was released after the introduction of Windows 10 and works far better than my Acer.

If you shop around, one can find NEW 6th generation I5 laptops with 256GB hard drives for less than $800 which is about what I paid for the Acer 3 or 4 years ago.

So, save yourself the trouble, shop hard, and buy a new computer!!! With an SSD.  You'll be glad you didSmiley Happy