I upgraded to windows 10 and would like to revert to windows 7 again. I need the files for windows 7

Options
toivo44
toivo44 Member Posts: 1 New User

I upgraded to windows 10 and would like to revert to windows 7. I am over 30 days so the files are no longer available on my system. I went to microsoft to grab the files but get an error with verifying my key number. Is there files available from acer? I don't want to chance the secondary sites as malware is possible.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

Acer recovery media
    if you are in the US you can buy it:
    http://store.acer.com/store/aceramer/en_US/eRecovery

if you are outside the US, you must call/email your regional Acer support service:
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Alfin72
    Alfin72 Member Posts: 42 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options
    Could you help me with the model number of the computer? If you haven't deleted the recovery partition in the system. you could try a system reset. Please note that during the process, all data stored on your computer will be overwritten. This means all your files, such as email and photos, will be erased. Therefore, we recommend making a backup of all personal data before starting the recovery process..  Please try the below recovery steps in your computer. 1. Restart the computer. 2. When the Acer logo appears on the screen (As soon as computer powers on), press the left Alt, and the F10 keys. The ALT key need to be pressed and held and the F10 key need to be tapped repeatedly as fast as possible while still holding the ALT key. 3. Select Keyboard Layout (United States English). 4. Please select Troubleshoot in Advance Options to choose Reset. 5. The reset can take anywhere from an hour to 4 hours. 6. Once the reset is complete computer will load Windows and start installing your drivers and software. Computer may reboot several times during this process. 7. If it is a laptop please keep it connected to the power supply.