I'm unable to download drivers from the website...

dkemp
dkemp Member Posts: 20 New User

The problem is with the website. How can I report the issue?

I've tried this on various machines in my office and with different web browsers. Not happening.

Cannot find a means to report the issue with the site itself.

Help please?

Best Answer

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator
    Answer ✓

Hi dkemp,

Oddly enough, the UK site does appear to have some issue. I'll get this to the right people. For now, it looks like the US driver side is still available. Hopefully this will help you for now.

http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

Thanks,
    Cory

Answers

• Cory-Acer
    Answer ✓

Hi dkemp,

Oddly enough, the UK site does appear to have some issue. I'll get this to the right people. For now, it looks like the US driver side is still available. Hopefully this will help you for now.

http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

Thanks,
    Cory

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

Talking about http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers ? Just downloaded once with NP. What platform do you have ?

Assume you are talking about the S7 in your other post. Can tell a lot including the BIOS revision in MSINFO32.exe

Oh UK. Might try the US site (above).

• dkemp

Thank you Cory. A few of us in the IT department are trying to access the UK driver site with no luck. I didn't know the US site was a seperate entity so will try there. Thanks again.

• dkemp

Problems with the US site too. Seems to be sporadic as one of my colleagues did access the UK site succesfully a short time ago.

I've tested this on our LAN and an ADSL connection directly on to the Web so am pretty sure it's not a network issue here.

If it helps, this is the error we are seeing.

"Sorry, an error occurred. Please try again later.. [200]"

I'll keep trying until hometime, which is about half an hour away (*fist pump) and will try again in the morning if no luck.

Thanks again.

• jburtonpdx
    jburtonpdx Member Posts: 2 New User

same issue need drivers for aspire r3-471T... help, direct link to drivers maybe?

• dkemp

Just so you are aware. Still no access this morning to either the UK or US sites for downloads.

• jburtonpdx
    jburtonpdx Member Posts: 2 New User

agreed - this is absolutely not resolved.  This is not showing acer in a good light.

• Cory-Acer

I've sent another email off based on your messages as I didn't get any feedback overnight. With that said, checking this morning, I'm able to get access to drivers in all the regions I tested (US/UK/AU/India). I also was able to do so on my phone.

Please let me know if you continue to have problems.

Cory

• dkemp

Hello Cory,

I've just checked again (the first time since my initial check first thing this morning) and I am now able to access the UK site. To be thorough, I also checked on the US site as well and that's working too!

Thank you for getting this raised.

As a side note, is it possible to have a link somewhere on the site to report website issues. The reason I posted here was because I couldn't find a mechanism by which to report the problem. Unless of course there is already someting in place and I didn't see it?

Thanks again.

Suppose I had better do some work now... Smiley Wink