I lost my dolby driver after Windows 10 upgrade

Options
dz20
dz20 Member Posts: 35

Tinkerer

I own a s7-391. I just updated to windows 10. I lost my dolby driver. For some reason my laptop doesnt sound as loud as it once did. Could be this be the issue?

[subject line edited to reflect new topic]

Answers

• andy_gg1996
    andy_gg1996 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I'm facing the same problem too. I'm using Aspire V5-573PG. After upgrade to windows 10, the dolby home theater v4 stop working. I tried to uninstall the old driver and download the driver for windows 10. But no help at all, the dolby home theater v4 software wasn't in my computer. Hope they will patch the software ASAP.

P.S: The proble probably came from cortana. The dolby software auto turn off when I use google now on google chrome last time, but it can be turn on again, but not this time...Smiley Sad

• pushculture
    pushculture Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Download the windows 10 realtek driver from acer support, and unzip to a folder. In that folder you'll find a subfolder called PCEE4. Double-click DolbyHomeTheater.msi and that will reinstall it. Then, reboot.

Right click the volume in the system tray and choose playback device. Click speakers, then properties. Go to dolby tab. Click the power button to turn it on.

I still couldn't get the dolby home theater settings app to work as it used to, to set custom eq and such. But I don't really care, since turning dolby on as described above brings back the louder, richer sound to the speakers.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • neilskie
    neilskie Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

i also lost my dolby v4 function ( ITS ON,BUT IT SEEMS ITS NOT CONNECTED ) after my windows 10 upgrade. i already uninstall the dolby& realtek and install it again. coz that was the advice to me by a certain microsoft tech guy. but still, its not working. by the way, i already used the windows compatibility troubleshooter.indeed its incompatible. help please, my v3-571 sounds so different now. tnx very much

• zake169
    zake169 Member Posts: 6 New User
    Options

Hi pushculture,

which window 10 realtek drivers are you refering too? Cause there is no window 10 driver support for s7 391