I have an acer aspire 5750 is it windows 10 compatible

PAT5750
PAT5750 Member Posts: 2 New User

I cannot see it on the list and most models seem to have a prefix which mine does not.  Has anyone upgraded to windows 10 on this model successfully?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer

What does the Windows 10 upgrade icon say? If it says you are good to go, make sure you have all updates installed then go for it. It won't be on the Acer list unless it needs new drivers that aren't already ready.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • PAT5750
    PAT5750 Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks for the reply Bill. WIndows update icon thinks it is all good, but I see on the forum that an Aspire 5750G has run into problems with dvd drive.  Mine is a 64 bit 5750 but I am scared in case I wreck the pc as I don't have the knowledge to sort out any problems that arise.  Have just run the process on a Dell without issue but it was running Windows 8 so was rubbish anyway so I took a chance and went with 8.1 then 10.  That was why I was trying to see if anyone had upgraded this model

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer

Ah, OK. I don't have that model to test with. You can do a full system backup and create a restore DVD to ease your mind before doing the upgrade. With those you can boot to the restore DVD, then use it to restore the backup to get you fully back into the old OS if needed. The only 'wrecked' installs I have heard of tend to be due to limited space on the hard disk, coupled with panic reactions to the error messages. Smiley Happy

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JeffreyGeorge
    JeffreyGeorge Member Posts: 2 New User

I have an Aspire 5750-9292 and it's a nightmare with Windows 10. It just randomly locks up completely, requiring a complete power down and restart. I read that this is a known issue with certain laptops but it hasn't been fixed.

• Sam432032
    Sam432032 Member Posts: 12 New User

If your still suck look at this. http://www.groovypost.com/howto/check-computer-runs-windows-10/.

Hope this helped.

S

• bw144k
    bw144k Member Posts: 4 New User

Yes, it does accept a Win 10 update. Although, drivers for some periferals may not work!

Microsoft is working on a working driver for the Synaptics PS\2 TouchPad.

Other than this problem everything works well!

• bw144k

When downloading the Win 10 upgrade be careful to choose the 64 bit version. All should go as planneed after this.

• bw144k

Yes