How to cache SSD in WIndows 10?

Options
ParthPtl
ParthPtl Member Posts: 34 New User
edited March 2023 in 2015 Archives

I have a Acer Timelime M 5 481TG. I can't even install Intel Rapid start on Windows 10. please help.

I want to Cache my built in SSD with HDD.

There was expresscache on Windows 7 , but not working with Windows 10 anymore.

Answers

• igorrj
    igorrj Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I'm facing the same problem. Please, if you find a fix, inform here. Tks!
  • porkyV2
    porkyV2 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

i have the same problem. i tried following the Guide intall ExpressCache for SSD caching first but windows 10 blocked the install due to it being incompatible. i checked the compatibility online and it says it is compatible. i tried this several times and all failed. i tried help from vaious forums. apparently asus and lenovo has already given out expresscache intallers that works for their respective brands. i tried those too hoping it will work on my acer aspire m 481pt. both acer and lonovo's intaller installed succesfully but unfortunately when i ran the cmd to check if my SSD is caching i was greeted with something like "this version is not licensed to run on this system".

i hope ACER will find the time to address this asap becasue it is a waste of SSD if it cannot be put to use hence negating my laptops "hybrid" feature.

• Win10User2017
    Win10User2017 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Current and future Versions of Windows 10 enforce Microsoft WHQL signing.

That means if you use "Secure Boot" no driver will install that is not countersigned from Microsoft.

I know only one package that is fulfills this requirement:

MaxVeloSSD 3.2.4.1 from elitebytes.

So, yes it definitely runs smooth on windows 10